Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jisaacson214
Level 7

Reverting back to original remote for Roku TV

I bought the enhanced Roku remote for my Roku TV. It works great, but it won’t control my soundbar, so I have to use a second remote. The remote that originally came with the TV was able to control the soundbar, so I want to revert back to that but can’t seem to figure out how. My TV doesn’t seem to want to let go of the enhanced remote. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Reverting back to original remote for Roku TV

The original remote should use IR, and it should just work without any additional settings. But if for some strange reason the Roku engineers decided to disable IR if a WiFi Direct remote was paired, you should be able to go into the Roku TV settings, find the remote and disconnect it. I only use the standard IR remote with mine, so I can't say for sure there's an unpair or disconnect setting, but it would seen logical.

Naturally, a full factory reset would do it as well, but then you'd have to set everything up again. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

If the roku remote is controlling the roku tv by IR or WIFI it is still only controlling the tv. It is up to the tv to control the soundbar by Hdmi-CEC. Go into the roku tv settings and refresh the CEC devices attached to it. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

@jisaacson214 wrote:

I bought the enhanced Roku remote for my Roku TV. It works great, but it won’t control my soundbar, so I have to use a second remote. The remote that originally came with the TV was able to control the soundbar, so I want to revert back to that but can’t seem to figure out how. My TV doesn’t seem to want to let go of the enhanced remote. 

Try going to settings>remotes and devices>set up new device to see if it it will let you set up your old remote again. 

0 Kudos