Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwanna72
Level 7

Retrieve code after factory reset on Roku TV

I just got my Sharp Roku smart TV through an online auction. I have done a factory reset twice, and my wireless is connected, but I haven't been given a code or link to set up an account. What else am I supposed to do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Retrieve code after factory reset on Roku TV

@Kwanna72 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When trying to perform a factory reset, please make sure that you press and hold down the Reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

If you have factory reset the device properly and are still unable to retrieve an activation code, we would recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku TV. In addition, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and setup your Roku TV.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kwanna72
Level 7

Thank you for your recommendations.

Unfortunately, i was still unable to receive an activation code. 

Thank you for trying, i appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Kwanna72 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to activate your device after performing and factory reset and have tried connecting to an alternate wireless connection, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku TV along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos