Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kdubs10
Level 7

Replacement remote for Roku TV

Hello, 

I'm looking for a replacement remote for my Insignia Roku tv.  The part number for the tv NS-40DR420NA16.  I've contacted Insignia for the remote, but had no luck.  The replacement remote part number is 06-518W21BY01X. I'm hoping you guys can help me with this issue.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Replacement remote

@Kdubs10 

Roku only sells Wifi Roku tv remotes which would work on your tv. But if you want it cheap I suggest going to ebay, you get them for under $10. Your Insignia will respond to Roku tv remotes under tcl, westinghouse, jvc, sanyo, onn, magnavox, and few others. Just that won't respond to remotes from Hisense, Sharp, or philips. 

For the Wifi remote:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sara27
Level 7

Replacement remote

Where do I order a new sanyo roku tv remote? Is it the one listed under accessories? Roku TV voice remote? The original remote didn't  have voice capabilities.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: Replacement remote

@Sara27 

That is the only Roku tv remote sold by Roku, and it will pair with your Sanyo Roku tv. If you want a cheap IR remote like the one that came with the tv, check ebay there are ton. Other roku tv brand's re,mote will work on the sanyo, they include tcl, rca, westinghouse, jvc, onn, insignia, and magnavox. Roku tv brands that won't work are Hisense, Sharp, and Philips. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Norge5
Level 7

Roku tv remot not working

My Roku tv remote stopped working all of a sudden. New batteries. Cannot use on/off button. I use my comcast remote to turn the tv on. I am on the Home screen but I can not navigate by using any button. It only sends me to pair new device screen and there is nothing there for me to press. My remote does not need pairing. If I press any button, it sends my back to Home screen. I am in a loop. Please help. I am unable to watch anything.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: Roku tv remot not working

Try unplugging tv from the wall for a bit? On your comcast remote the cursor pad might be locked to cable device, and so isn't available for tv device. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku tv remot not working

@Norge5 @Sara27 

Thanks for the note.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community thread here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Replacement remote for Roku TV

@Kdubs10 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Insignia here: https://www.insigniaproducts.com/contact-us or at 1-877-467-4289.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos