Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Replacement Remote Pair LED Blinking Constantly to Pair Roku TV

Jump to solution

I bought a replacement remote directly from Roku a couple of days ago. I'm trying to pair the remote to my TCL Roku TV and when I plug the batteries into the remote, the LED starts flashing immediately and I can't get the to stop or the remote to pair. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 8

Re: Replacement Remote Pair LED Blinking Constantly

Jump to solution

So as it turns out, I had disabled Device Connect because of network interferenace. I had to turn that back on before I could pair the new enhanced remote. System-> Advanced System Settings-> Device Connect

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 20

Jump to solution

If you don't have remote to control the tv to get to remote menu, pull the batteries out of the new remote, unplug the power from the Roku tv for a bit, plug it back in when comes to screen with brand and Roku tv showing but the batteries back in the remote and don't touch anything let it communicate with tv. Have it close to the tv during this programming. 

Edmund
Level 8

Jump to solution

I've tried this a couple of times now and still nothing. The remote just blinks when i pop the battery back in and nothing ever happens. Is there a different pairing sequence for newer models?

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

So as it turns out, I had disabled Device Connect because of network interferenace. I had to turn that back on before I could pair the new enhanced remote. System-> Advanced System Settings-> Device Connect

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 19

Jump to solution
Thanks for reporting back. Never heard this one before.
Did you also have a working remote at the time that you could use to access the menu options?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this issue as well.   THe moment i pop the Remote in it will start blinking. I was given a new remote by the Roku team.   it is also behaving the same way.  Not sure what to do.. it sucks when ROku does not have help on the phone. 

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ckrvarma 

Thanks for the update.

If you were in contact with our Support team regarding your issue, we would recommend reaching back our to help resolve your issue as they would be best able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Even i got sick n tired of Roku and threw it away and moved to Apple TV.  Atleast the customer service is waaay better

0 Kudos