Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwizzy

Remote stopped controlling the TV

Tonight, I used the Roku remote to shut off the TV and shortly thereafter, the TV came back on, however the remote no longer controls the TV. I did a reboot/repair of the remote and it works the Roku itself but not the TV.  The TV power and volume buttons on my Roku remote had been working flawlessly until today. I went through settings and attempted to redo the TV remote setup. Roku says my TV is not supported for the power/volume controls. How is this possible? It was just working 5 minutes before 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Witzfl

Re: Remote stopped controlling the TV

I have same problem.  It was working with express 4k+.  Then stopped powering off unit.  I redid the pairing and now no volume nor power control.

Need help,?

0 Kudos
Moonlight1

This also happened to me 😕 when I first got my roku 4k+, the remote worked perfectly. But after a while, the volume and power button stop working. I even contacted support. I followed all their steps and still I couldn’t get it to work again. In the end, the support just told me that it’s going to get fixed in the new system update. The new system recently happened in may 2022. I retried to set up my roku remote, but still nothing. My volume and power setting don’t work. Bummer 

0 Kudos
cbuzzsaw

This happened to me as well. The remote was able to control my Samsung TV for 3 years and now all of sudden it won't turn on/off the TV. I tried to repair but it won't turn off the pairing music and you get to end of the codes and then it says you can't use this remote with the Samsung TV! This has worked for years and the latest update seems to have killed compatibility. Roku please return the previous control codes so our remotes will work again.