Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lylebob

Remote no longer working after adding Roku Wireless Speakers

After adding some Roku wireless surround speakers to the soundbar pro my remote became nearly unusable.  Thinking this can't be a coincidence and having a background in wireless tech. I became suspicious this is an interference issue and Roku must not have a resilient protocol to interference, which is terrible considering the tech in the remote alone.

Long story short I clicked the link support keeps posting, that does seem useless, but at the very bottom there's a hint they are aware of this issue and there might be a fix.  And like I suspected it's an interference issue and they suggest switching the WiFi connection over to 5 GHz.

So far so good and the remote even seems to be more responsive, which i always was curious about why it sort of sucked at things like multiple volume presses.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote no longer working after adding Roku Wireless Speakers

@lylebob

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
-what troubleshooting steps have you taken to try to resolve the issue
-if you remove the wireless speakers from your setup, are you still seeing the issue occur?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos