Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaraya01
Level 7

Remote frequently stuck scrolling through menus

I've tried both with stock remote and a universal. If I am quick enough, I can catch the content that I am trying to get to. This happens both horizontally and vertically. Often times the roku is unresponsive to the back button as well. After a long wait I can hit back. I looked on here for other posts about this, and they mostly seem like just using the stock remote did the trick. But not in my case.

Edit: Seems to be behaving even worse today. To get to the content that I want to watch, I normally have to quickly catch it while scrolling down and just watch whatever the first item of the row I want for a bit before the back button responds to let me return to the previous menu so I can play the horizonatal scrolling game to catch what I actually want to watch. But it's been a couple hours viewing the content that I do not want and the back button is still not cooperative. I can hit menu, but then I just start the process all over.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Visitor45763
Level 10

Re: Remote frequently stuck scrolling through menus

I've seen people say changing the batteries fixed strange problems like this. 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jaraya01 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Marib
Level 7

I am having trouble with constant scrolling when push roku remote button.  Unplugged, new batteries,now want set up again, but I cannot because scrolls when I try with remote

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Marib

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos