Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote for Roku TV

I have a 58” 4K uhd led roku smart tv hdr tv and I just spilled juice all over it and and it does not work it’s been a few hrs since I did it does it have to be same remote when I buy or is it any kind

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Remote

It has to be Roku tv remote if you buy an IR remote, which you can tell its a roku tv IR remote by it having a power keys and volume keys along with crescent moon key for the sleep timer. Roku tv brands like tcl, insignia, jvc, magnavox, westinghouse, onn, haier, hitachi, rca, element, and philips all use the same IR code set. Roku tv brands hisense & sharp use completely different code set then the above brands. 

You can go to your local walmart or best buy and get wifi voice remote that will work with ALL brands of roku tv after you pair the roku tv to the voice remote. 

IR remotes for stand alone roku's like express or premiere or any roku IR remote made in the last ten years won't work on any Roku tv's. Completely different code set. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote

@Bfrid8 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos