Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djp33d
Level 7

Remote can’t select ‘next’ when adding a blu ray player on hdmi 2.

When adding a blu ray player to hdmi 2 my remote can select ‘ok’ but not ‘next’ to continue setting up the blu ray. When I select ok, it gives me options for the resolution, but again, I can’t select any of the options. 

I’ve removed the hdmi and then plugged them back in but to no avail. Also, did a hard reset and unplugged the tv for a minute and plugged it back in. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Remote can’t select ‘next’ when adding a blu ray player on hdmi 2.

I'm assuming this is with a Roku TV. What brand/model TV do you have? I have a computer connected to my Sharp TV, and I don't recall needing to do any setup on the TV. I changed the label on the HDMI port to Computer, because that changes some internal processing on the port. But that's all. 

If you are referring to the Blu Ray player setup, you don't use the Roku remote for that, and this really isn't the place to get assistance with a BD player. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
NTM23
Level 9

Re: Remote can’t select ‘next’ when adding a blu ray player on hdmi 2.

Hmm. Yeah, as said already, it seems you're trying to use your Roku TV remote to use the Blu-ray player? You can't do that. You have to use the remote that came with the player or the buttons on the Blu-ray system. The TV remote is only for configuring the TV itself and for using the apps.

0 Kudos