Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcross515

Remote battery drain on Roku Smart Soundbar

I purchased a Roku Smart Soundbar on July 19, 2021 and I just placed the 4th set of batteries in my Roku remote. There is obviousely a problem as this device gets used 2-3 times a week. Please have someone contact me to get this resolved. Product serial number is YL009V169240. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: On my 4th set of remote batteries in a month.

@jcross515

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CaliLuvr
Reel Rookie

Hello, is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same problem. Having to replace the batteries every 10 days or so. What's the solution?

0 Kudos
luanneallen
Channel Surfer

RokuDanny helped me, I sent him my serial number and model.  A new remote has been shipped. 

I want this new remote, but I must tell you something.  Suddenly, my batteries are not wearing out so fast.  I was changing them every 2 days, haven't changed them in over a week.  I had read it was a communication problem and that's why I needed the new remote, so did it fix itself?

Hunt down RokuDanny, he's helped 2 of us now.  My Roku was less than 90 days old.  At first the batteries were fine, then they drained, now fine again.   

Good luck!

0 Kudos
luanneallen
Channel Surfer

customersupport@roku.com is the email that contacted me regarding my new remote.  Try emailing them directly.  They will want your serial number and model.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @CaliLuvr

We're here to help!

Please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
CaliLuvr
Reel Rookie

Model 9101X Roku Smart Soundbar 

S/N: YL007H850933

ID: R650A7850933

Software version: 10.0.0 build 4209-95

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@CaliLuvr

Thanks for providing us all those information. It will surely help the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Moreover, I have also passed those details to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rodolfogc
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote battery drain on Roku Smart Soundbar

Hello i have the same problem, the battery is drain so fast any solution? Roku Soundbar 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remote battery drain on Roku Smart Soundbar

@rodolfogc

Thanks for the post.

For further assistance, please reply here with the information I asked for in my post above.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos