Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote Glitch

I have a Hisense Roku TV and the remote came with it. I've had it for a year and 1/2.

I've changes the batter's, turned the TV off and then back on. I have unplugged the TV and then removed the batter's and left both that way for an hour. But nothing has helped.

The problem is that the remote will not turn on the TV. I have to use the power button on the TV. Then when I go to scroll to apps we use the remote will scroll on it's own. If I push the down button one time it will keep scrolling down with out me doing anything. The volume button only goes up even if you push the down button. My TV is maxed out at volume 100 right now because there is no way to go down and it jumps volumes on it's own. The mute button isn't even working. If I push the hulu or Netflix buttons on the remote it will not work at all.

I'm at a loss as to what to do and I can't fined anything on websites to help me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: Remote Glitch

Buttons do give out, lose their conductivity, sounds like you need a new remote. There are many Hisense roku tv remotes on ebay for under $10. Roku only sells wifi roku tv remotes, which will work on your once paired. But if you want IR remote go to ebay. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Sammiesam1 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. You can contact Hisense here: https://www.hisense-usa.com/support/ or at 1-888-935-8880.

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

I don't know if the problem is in the tv or in the remote.

If you want to try a replacement remote, you can find some from several sources via a google search for HIGHSENSE ROKU TV REMOTE.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Mine is doing the same thing.... I replaced the batteries and still wont stop just scrolls and scrolls 

0 Kudos