Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gpal13

Recovery mode - TV constant issue -TV will not work

TCL 50S423

My TV goes into recovery mode every time it is powered on.  I go through the set up and it updates, reboots and goes to same screen.  I tried this from wi-fi and two different houses.  Put in a wired connection, would not recognize it.  Ran the update through USB, looked to take update, rebooted and right back to recovery mode screen.  I held down the factory reset button and was able to go through the whole set up process, apps downloaded and looked ready to go.  Clicked on Netflix app, it reboots and goes to recovery mode again.  Since I enjoy the insanity of it all, I repeated this process and was able to factory reset again and poof it goes back to recovery mode again. The TV was bought in July 2020, so Wal Mart will not take it back.  I called the 816 support # and no live person there.  I don't even think I can use a HDMI port without being able to get into the Roku screen.  What can I do at this point?  Of course I didn't buy a warranty, my first HD from 12 years ago are still going strong, I would expect this thing to work after 8 months.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recovery mode - TV constant issue -TV will not work

Hi @gpal13,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about the Recovery mode issue, visit our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™? If the issue still persists, we suggest contacting your Roku TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos