Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NadaMesbah

Recovery Mode

Jump to solution

My TCL Roku TV has been stuck on Recovery Mode for the last 15 hours. I have tried everything: 1) following the recovery mode steps but it keeps taking me back to first step of selecting a language 2) i tried pushing the reset button several times but it still goes back to Recovery Mode 3) i tried rebooting my wifi and using my hotspot to do the update but still goes back to recovery mode 4) i tried pushing the reset, unplugging for over 10 hours and doing a factory reset but it still went back to recovery mode. Roku says this is a hardware issue but i’m not convinced. Does anyone know how I can go about fixing this? This is incredibly frustrating! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recovery Mode

Jump to solution

Hi @NadaMesbah,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If the issue still persists after following the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™?, we suggest contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Mary

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Recovery Mode

Jump to solution

Hi @NadaMesbah,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

If the issue still persists after following the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV™?, we suggest contacting your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Mvb2290

TCL TV Recovery Mode

Jump to solution

I keep getting this screen it's stuck on it, how do I fix it?IMG_20210421_011246496.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku won’t connect

Jump to solution

@Mvb2290

Thanks for the post.

Please see @RokuMary-F previous post for further assistance regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Endless Recovery Mode Loop

Jump to solution

Hi! I am also stuck in the recovery mode loop. In the past, I have managed to update with a thumb drive; however, now the TV reboots faster than I can type in my code. I keep getting the red TCL screen then it goes black and then the recovery mode screen comes on...I hit English get the code and by the time I get the other code, the TV has turned black ad is rebooting. I can even get it to connect to the internet, but then it reboots before it finishes. HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Endless Recovery Mode Loop

Jump to solution

Hi @Paintednails

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ZayFr

Re: Recovery Mode for Onn Tv

Jump to solution

My Onn. Roku TV is stuck on Recovery mode and I need help because I tried the manual's and unplugged the TV but it didn't work. I also tried Hard shut off and that didn't work. I just want to watch my tv in peace..

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Recovery Mode for Onn Tv

Jump to solution

Hi @ZayFr,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How do I use Recovery Mode on my Roku TV?

If the issue persists, we'd suggest you contact the TV manufacturer to see other options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. Since your affected device is an Onn Roku TV, we suggest reaching out to Onn support to report the issue and further help. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos