Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pandadad

Recent TV listing freeze onscreen

When watching OTA/streaming channels on my TCL roku tv I bring up the default all channel guide, arrow over to the left channel name column, hit the * and switch to ‘recents’ (PLEASE bring back selectable Favorites instead). 

The all channel grid comes back up starting from the second to last channel I was watching and I can hear the audio switch to that channel for a couple of seconds before reverting back to the channel I am currently on.

At this point the grid freezes.  I cannot arrow over, up or down or even change the channel grid view back to ‘all channels’

I have to exit the listings and from whatever show I am watching can now only change channels using the up/down arrows on my remote. 

To be able to use listings in any way again I must completely exit out of the Antenna TV or whatever channel I am watching to start again from the Roku Home Screen. 

Anyone else having this problem? I’ve been seeing everyone’s similar hatred of the ‘recent channels’ and issues with it; why isn’t Roku addressing this?

Does roku voice control allow changing directly to the channel?

My Roku is up to date. 

TCL roku tv model 7121X

Software version 10.0.0.4209

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Recent TV listing freeze onscreen

@Pandadad

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-screenshot of the issue

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team for further investigation.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cwcheese
Roku Guru

Re: Recent TV listing freeze onscreen

@PandadadI have been directing comments at Roku Dev for past few days and it appears they fixed the freeze problem last night, at least on my Roku TV. 

I'll paste a thread you can read of my comments below:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Live-Channel-Lineup-Has-Changed/m-p/714173#M20587

don't call me expert, just a long time Roku user that seen a lot of things
0 Kudos