Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spokensound
Reel Rookie

Recent Roku Update Broke CEC/ARC Functionality

I have a TCL 6-Series television running Roku TV.  It updated to 10.0.0 on 5/14/2021.  I have the TV connected to an Onlyo TX-SR393 receiver that supports CEC & ARC and PlayStation 4 that is a CEC device.  When I used the IR remote that came with the TV, the receiver would power on at the same time as the TV and play.  Likewise, when I turned it off.  I would turn on my PS4, same thing, it would turn on, the TV would prompt me to allow or cancel and switch to the Game input automatically.  All of a sudden, that functionality no longer exist on my device.  I have posted elsewhere in similar remote issue post, but my issue is not the remote.  It is the software and I’m getting mad. can you help?  can Roku send me another remote

What going on with my device software.

Model: 7120X - Roku TV

Serial Number: YS00MP754235 (FV293M754235)

Software Version 10.0.0 Build 4195-30

Timestanp: 2021-05-25T22:24:05Z

Please use issue ID 35-208-704 to report the current issue.

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
JerichoFafnir
Reel Rookie

Re: Recent Roku Update Broke CEC/ARC Functionality

I have the same issue and it is very frustrating.  I tried everything possible so it definitely seems like the update broke that functionality as the Roku TV doesn't even find any enabled devices connected.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Spokensound

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Spokensound
Reel Rookie

Does Roku have any plans to communicate with their clients regarding these issues?  I have never had to come to this site before.  Everyone seems to be have similar issues after this update.  An apology is sorely needed and overdue.  It would go a long way.  I’m pissed at this point. It’s absolutely ridiculous that this has happened.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try refreshing the CEC devices in the settings of the roku tv?

settings> system> control other devices (CEC)> search CEC devices> press OK

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Spokensound
Reel Rookie

Yes, I did it all.  But it did nothing but display no devices found.  Power cycled everything, system restarts, turned Fast Start on and off, and all other basic troubleshooting steps..  Then for the most part, over the last two days, it started working again. Weird.  The support has been horrendous.  No emails communications to say something went wrong, no root cause.  Just statements here and via the chats I opened saying we are escalating and no response after. 

0 Kudos
clynch28
Reel Rookie

Just wanting to add on that its been 2 months and Roku has done nothing to help my with the same issue despite reaching out several times

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@clynch28

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JerichoFafnir
Reel Rookie

How much more info do you need?  Ever since the update, it broke the CEC functionality on the tv.  The tv does not recognize any connected devices (ex: ps4).  Yes, all troubleshooting steps suggested by Roku have been tried as well as others and have not worked.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JerichoFafnir

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the following information so we can investigate the issue further:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-when did you start to see this issue occur?

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos