Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kherder333

Re: Recent TCL Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

Was there ever a fix for this? Changing the HDMI mode and updating the Roku software didn't change anything. And I can't get anything to show on the screen, even when the PS4 is in SafeMode

0 Kudos
efloyd29
Channel Surfer

Re: 50" Sharp Roku 4k TV completely unusable with PS4 (recurring problems since 9.3)

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@efloyd29 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information so we can better understand the issue you are experiecning:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny it has been 3 weeks with no response. Any update on the issue @RokuDanny-R

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 50" Sharp Roku 4k TV completely unusable with PS4 (recurring problems since 9.3)

Jump to solution

@efloyd29 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you made sure to use a HDMI cable that has the capability of 4K?

In addition, have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The solution for me, which is listed in the thread somewhere, was that TCL sent a technician to my house and replaced the main board in my TV. Doesn't make any sense that a firmware update would break something that could only be fixed by replacing hardware, but that's what happened to me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I recommend opening a ticket with TCL. They were really helpful, even though they did have me do a bunch of things I had already done like try other devices on that port, etc. 

0 Kudos
efloyd29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@efloyd29 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have you made sure to use a HDMI cable that has the capability of 4K?

In addition, have you tried contacting Sharp support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupport/ContactUs.aspx or at 1-888-935-8880.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

The problem is not the HDMI. It is the actual TV itself. The Roku home screen is not in 4k. inputs don't matter because it's something to do with the actual roku software or hardware

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

Re: Recent Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

Hmm I rarely pop a Blu-Ray in as we mostly stream but I had a friend that wanted to watch Jurassic Park and I couldn't get it work. Ended up using Netflix. Had sound but no video. Interesting that the OG post is over two years old. Any solutions?

0 Kudos
Khowell78

Jump to solution

I tried it didn't work either

0 Kudos
Khowell78

Jump to solution

I tried the factory reset and regular reset. Still not working.  What tv works for the ps4

0 Kudos
bobbert

Jump to solution

Update, It's definitely  (in my case) a old HDMI cable,gold plated very nice but Not 4K. older cables are not the same,might be impedance or resistance or change in wiring,I had tried all my HDMI cables didn"t make much differance. not my idea but just worked. PS I left settings alone on ps4 and tcl roku tv works!

ncozzi

Re: Recent Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

I factory reset my picture settings and that didn’t do anything. So I then just restarted my tv and that did it. I think I had this issue before and used this method to fix it. So just another idea for anyone. Restarting your tv could also help bring the output back on. 

0 Kudos