Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recent TCL Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

Just got a brand new TCL6 series and it was doing the same thing was  Horizontal lines Across the screen, and the screen would go black then It will come Back on  than go black again on my PS4 not on my xbox or PC , so what I've done to solve it. Go to your playstation settings them sound in screen video output settings Resolution, take it off automatic and set it for 2160P/Y UV420 If you said it for the 2160PRGP then the horrizon lines  glitch and black screen comes back and doesn't stop. Hopes that helps your guys problem so far is solved mine

0 Kudos
tmaraia

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Roku TCL 55 inch Smart TV and tried to get my PS4 set up. The PS4 sound comes through but I am getting no picture. I have tried going through the different HDMI settings and still am encountering the same problem. I recently read a thread where this was an issue with other PS4 users and it seems that the problem is yet to be solved but I was hoping there was some help to be offered. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This helped SO MUCH TY

0 Kudos
vexprime

Jump to solution

My solution included trying a number of different hdmi cables. The ones that worked were two with ferrite core (the cylinder near the hdmi cable).

0 Kudos
imeggman
Binge Watcher

50" Sharp Roku 4k TV completely unusable with PS4 (recurring problems since 9.3)

Jump to solution

Earlier in the summer, after the 9.3 udate, I was having problems with my RokuTV shutting itself off, or restarting itself while using my PS4 for anything (gaming, streaming content, or even just being turned on).  I scoured the community, Reddit, and eventually e-mailed support.  They suggested simple fixes such as "plug the TV into its own outlet, turn it off, wait 15 seconds."  

For whatever reason, I stopped having the problem for about a month.

Then, over the last week, after literally changing NO settings, and simply continuing to use my PS4/TV as normal, I began to experience the problem again, but it's worse than before.  Now, the TV will shut itself off completely any time I use the PS4 for more than a few seconds.  

The TV has since begun shutting off when I'm doing ANYTHING.  This issue only began with 9.3.  Literally no amount of factory resets, settings changes, etc. have fixed this.

This is a 9.3 problem.  Scores of others have voiced similar problems all over various online forums.  This issue seems to be ignored, brushed under the rug, and treated very neglectfully.  I was EXTREMELY happy with this TV until this began around 9.3.   

efloyd29
Channel Surfer

Re: 50" Sharp Roku 4k TV completely unusable with PS4 (recurring problems since 9.3)

Jump to solution

LC-50LBU591U

For the past couple weeks, I've noticed the TV hasn't been in clear "4k" quality. Everything is noticeably worse than 4k, most likely 1080p.

The Roku main menus, Netflix, YouTube, my ps4 pro all seem fuzzy, even though they claim to be outputting at 4k. There is no difference from 1080p and 4k on my ps4 pro.

I've noticed that when I turn on the TV, the sharp roku tv logo IS displayed in 4k. Then after a moment the screen goes black and it shows the logo again, except this time it's definitely not in 4k, (1080p probably).

I've power cycled, updated software, factory reset, but nothing appears to be working.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 50" Sharp Roku 4k TV completely unusable with PS4 (recurring problems since 9.3)

Jump to solution

@efloyd29 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information so we can better understand the issue you are experiecning:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Once we have this information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
efloyd29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model: LC-50LBU591

S/N: YN004V621495

DI: 9H4794621495

Tracker ID: 95-412-672

The issue happens across all channels, outputs, and menus. The picture is noticeably fuzzy, definitely not in 4k, most likely 1080p since changing my resolution of my ps4 from 4k to 1080p shows no difference.

Booting up the tv briefly shows the logo at 4k resolution, then goes black and shows the logo at 1080p 

0 Kudos
efloyd29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Any update on the issue?

0 Kudos
kherder333

Jump to solution

Same here. Even booting in Safe mode the TV still doesn't recognize that the PS4 is on. This seems to be a very common issue but there is apparently no solution

0 Kudos