Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Recent TCL Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution
I just bought this tv and I tried everything mentioned in this thread and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING works. This is ABSOLUTELY upsetting and I'm very unhappy with this tv. Let's see if anyone reaches out to me to help resolve this issue. If not, I'm going to return this tv.....what a shame!
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@Nickiambriz wrote:
I just bought this tv and I tried everything mentioned in this thread and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING works. This is ABSOLUTELY upsetting and I'm very unhappy with this tv. Let's see if anyone reaches out to me to help resolve this issue. If not, I'm going to return this tv.....what a shame!

In in the same boat as you Nick, I bought this TV on black friday and there is nothing that they have done in the past 4 weeks to try and resolve this issue. You would think that this would be an issue that they would try and fix as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After more tests that I'd already done, and going in circles with TCL, they've decided this is a hardware issue, and are sending a technician to replace a part out of warranty. They're coming to my house tomorrow to fix it, or at least they're going to try. From everything I can tell, this seems like a software issue, but I'm willing to let them try it. I suspect they aren't able to reproduce this in their labs, and want a technician to reproduce it, and confirm that I've actually tried all the steps. I will update tomorrow after the technician has come. Best case scenario, they downgrade the software, and it works fine, then I upgrade and it breaks again. This would prove it's software, and then maybe they'll actually be able to push an upgrade to everyone affected.

0 Kudos
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Surprisingly, replacing hardware fixed my issue. It doesn't make any sense to me that an issue introduced from a software update would be fixed with hardware, but it worked. 

The technician replaced the main board and the wifi card.

It came with version 8.0.0. I assumed that it would break again after it upgraded, but it didn't. Tested it without setting up wifi and PS4 displayed fine. Added the network and it automatically upgraded to version 9.2.0. PS4 still works. I have HDCP and HDMI link enabled. 

Although this was frustrating to deal with and took a long time to get fixed, TCL still handled it well. They paid to have the repair done at my house, even though I was past my warranty. I suggest anyone with this issue to return it if it's new, or contact TCL directly to get it fixed. 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Darien_Keith Thanks for the note here.

Have you contacted your Roku TV manufacturer to report the issue and see what additional support they can provide? Did you try exchanging the TV to see if this resolved the issue you were running into? 

I'd recommend contacting your Roku TV manufacturer to inquire further and see what other options they can help provide. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Keep us posted with what you discover. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
bobberts

Jump to solution

PS4 only works after reset,push reset for about 10 seconds restart tv don't let roku have any internet access. Then Ps4 works without one glitch. I plan to use a android box for the media channels,and forget

Roku.

Jump to solution

I too have this problem.  I thought it was the playstation.  Got a brand new PS4 and still the problem persists.   Not a good.

0 Kudos
kellymiracle83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wish Roku would do this for me like I've been asking for a week now.  Had the TV for like 3 days, right after the update stopped, haven't been able to play since.

0 Kudos
kellymiracle83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD totally an ongoing problem and I can't get a hold of anyone who can fix it.  great TV u guys made, doesn't ask if I want update, added streaming services I don't have or need, all I want is to play my PS4, I had the TV for 3 days, TV update...no signal now I'm just getting emails from people over seas telling me the same script over and over.  this is really tarnishing the company if you care, no one else does, most people are out of work so those who are should work probably, don't you think?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

did the reset thing but I also switched from the HDMI port1 to port 2 and this worked great!!