Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tracer9
Visitor

Recent Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

TCL Roku Model: 48FS3700
TCL Roku Update: July 18, 2018
PS4 Model Number: CUH-1215A
PS4 System Software: 5.55 (last updated May 17, 2018)

After a recent Roku update my TCL Roku TV won't display PS4 output, it either says "No Signal", gets stuck on "Just a sec..." or simply shows a black screen.  I tried connecting to different HDMI inputs, but the behavior is the same.  I tried switching between different HDMI cables, but the behavior is the same.  I turned off HDCP and HDMI Link on the PS4, but the behavior is the same.  This only happens with the PS4, my Nintendo Switch for example displays just fine.

HOWEVER, if I press the physical "Reset" button on the back of the TV right above the HDMI inputs, it will correctly output the PS4 video display as usual.

Thinking it must be an issue with the Roku TV itself, I performed a factory reset on the Roku TV.  This fixed the issue, the PS4 display now displays normally like before.  This leads me to believe that the display issue is related to the recent Roku TV update on July 18.  I thought this might be useful information for the Roku developers to know, and for anyone else who might encounter this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
szhrfsrhgar
Channel Surfer

Re: Recent TCL Roku TV update won't output PS4 video

Jump to solution

Surprisingly, replacing hardware fixed my issue. It doesn't make any sense to me that an issue introduced from a software update would be fixed with hardware, but it worked. 

The technician replaced the main board and the wifi card.

It came with version 8.0.0. I assumed that it would break again after it upgraded, but it didn't. Tested it without setting up wifi and PS4 displayed fine. Added the network and it automatically upgraded to version 9.2.0. PS4 still works. I have HDCP and HDMI link enabled. 

Although this was frustrating to deal with and took a long time to get fixed, TCL still handled it well. They paid to have the repair done at my house, even though I was past my warranty. I suggest anyone with this issue to return it if it's new, or contact TCL directly to get it fixed. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
49 REPLIES 49
mamen8tr
Visitor

Jump to solution
Having the same issue with my tv after the update.. I have to keep unplugging and plugging in my tv, I will try the factory reset.
0 Kudos
go2sleep327
Visitor

Jump to solution
This is currently happening to me now. My temporary fix is to Restart the TV from the settings menu. I have to do this every time I wanna play my PS4 and it’s very annoying. Will an update fix this? I’ve tested my PS4 Pro on a different TV and it works just fine. I’ve also tested my original model PS4 on this TCL TV and the same issue occurs for that PS4 as well. So, for some reason the TCL does not like PS4 consoles.
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@go2sleep327 

Thanks for the note here. In Settings>TV inputs>HDMI[1/2/3]>HDMI mode, have you tried changing this to HDMI 2.0 for the HDMI port that your PS4 is connected to? Does this resolve the issue you are seeing? 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
go2sleep327
Visitor

Jump to solution
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
@go2sleep327 

Thanks for the note here. In Settings>TV inputs>HDMI[1/2/3]>HDMI mode, have you tried changing this to HDMI 2.0 for the HDMI port that your PS4 is connected to? Does this resolve the issue you are seeing? 

Thanks,
Tanner

Yes, I’ve tried that. It’s exactly what Roku support email told me to do, and it did not work. 
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@go2sleep327

Thanks for clarifying. Do you observe this behavior when first turning the TV on, or when attempting to switch to that HDMI input on the TV while the TV is already on? 
0 Kudos
go2sleep327
Visitor

Jump to solution
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
@go2sleep327

Thanks for clarifying. Do you observe this behavior when first turning the TV on, or when attempting to switch to that HDMI input on the TV while the TV is already on? 

When I turn on the TV, I’m brought to the Home Screen. From there, I select HDMI 2, then the screen goes black for about one second, then says there’s no signal. I’m assuming it goes black for one second because it reads the signal for that short time, before it doesn’t read it anymore.
0 Kudos
go2sleep327
Visitor

Jump to solution
Can I just have my firmware retracted back to 8.0 when my TV was working flawlessly please?
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution
@go2sleep327 

Thanks for the update. Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, and include the details of your setup including the specific model of PS4 you are connecting and any A/V receiver make/model information if you are using one. I'll follow up with you directly to continue assisting you. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Willaus5998
Visitor

Jump to solution
I’ve done all of the above and I still can’t connect my PS4
0 Kudos