Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueSky
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen mirroring not working anymore

Jump to solution

The source device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 running Android 11 using the built-in "Smart View" screen mirroring. The destination device is a TCL 55S535 Roku running version 10.5.0. The "Smart View" app successfully connects via wifi on the local lan network (192.168.1.x) which hosts all devices in the home. The TCL Roku is configured to prompt to accept the incoming connection request. I accept the request and the TCL Roku will then display the screen mirroring symbol and the audio from the source will begin to play, at this point the TCL Roku screen will go black, no video. I believe this problem is identical to what everyone else is describing in this thread. HTH, John

StackSst

Re: Smart view works as this is posted

Jump to solution

Hello to everyone that is reading this I am using smart view right now, and I got audio and video, all I had to do was just click and exit smart view twice or 3 times and third time it worked give it a try, it still works lol.It works stillIt works still

0 Kudos

Re: Roku TV screen mirroring not working, won't connect

Jump to solution

I have the same problem but for my Windows 11 laptop. I try to cast to my Roku TV and it says that it's starting the video but it is just a black screen and the loading bar stops about a fourth of the way and doesn't move. It also says its "connecting" on my laptop, until it eventually fails and disconnects. It works just fine through SmartView on my Android phone, so I don't know what the issue is here. I've tried restarting, messing with some network settings, disconnecting my laptop and TV from the Wifi and I don't know what the issue is. Please help. 

GuyFromMars365
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I can confirm that, in Windows 10, when I try to mirror my display to the Roku Express, it says it's connecting to the Roku device and the Roku shows that it's starting to load the stream, but it never finished and eventually backs out to the home screen. In windows 10, I can screen mirror by going to Start Menu>Settings>Display>Connect to a wireless display>select Roku Express. I am running Windows 10 Home Version 21H2. My Roku is Model 3930RW (Roku Express), Version 10.5.0 build 4208-AE. I have seen the same problem with my Galaxy Tab S7 FE using Samsung's "Smart View" which is screen mirroring.

0 Kudos
Sweetsinnamen
Channel Surfer

Re: Trying to Screen mirror from my laptop to roku tv

Jump to solution

I am and have been having the same problem on my roku stick.  Worked fine and about a month or so ago it stopped.  Checked settings on laptop and restarted stick several times. It is also set on always allow screen mirroring.  Please advise.

0 Kudos

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Im going thru the EXACT same thing now with my Hisense Roku TV and my Motorola e7i Power Android 10 Smartphone. Was mirroring fine for a year then one day just quit. Thankfully I already had a Chromecast Dongle I was using once a month for Zoom meetings at another location on a different TV, so I busted it out and have to use it now. I was thinking it was a problem on the phone end maybe with an android update but after reading your comment Im starting to think it is the Roku side now. I try to avoid any kind of app updates or updates of any kind really. Everytime something updates now, a privilege you had before is lost. Developers are going the wrong way, locking down things that should be available. Thats why I would never in my life buy an iPhone, they dont want you to have any kind of features without them somehow making money on it. Sadly Android and Google are doing the same things now. How can I get it back to how it was when I could simply mirror my phone to the TV thru the quick tile settings ?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

@GlobalForce

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GuyFromMars365
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I am still on 10.5 and, after removing my Android device permissions from my Roku, the Roku successfully allows me to mirror the screen after I give permission. The aforementioned with my windows system still persists.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with screen mirroring, in addition to the information that we originally requested (if you have not already provided), can you please provide us with a tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with screen mirroring, in addition to the information that we originally requested (if you have not already provided), can you please provide us with a tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times) 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Tags (2)
0 Kudos