Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heart

Re: Screen mirroring not working anymore

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku TV. My Android phone will connect and show the screen but when I try to play a video on Disney plus or Amazon prime (on my phone) the video stops mirroring but the audio still goes through the TV. 

0 Kudos
Howie513

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as most everyone else has posted here, but my source device is a Lenovo laptop in Windows-10 operating system. Worked fine on both 65" and 75" TCL Roku TV's a few weeks ago, then just stopped. Now, I can see both TV's in the list of available displays to project, it appears the connection is made successfully, then times out and says couldn't connect. Works fine with MacBook and/or Dell PC's.

0 Kudos
RJ99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update fixed the error

0 Kudos
Jgrote186
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. Please address the mirroring issue with 10.5.0. This is common and not being addressed by roku.

0 Kudos
TimmyP
Binge Watcher

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

I can definitely confirm that MS has recently in one of their Windows 10 updates broken Miracast streaming on a ton of devices. Thats the "connect" app that lets you stream from phone to PC.

Dont be surprised if Windows 10 is giving you problems, and obviously we all know that Roku 10.5 killed a ton as well. I can only use my Firestick now, and it works flawless. My TV and Surface used to work great... now, like in the past, broken again.

0 Kudos
Mattla21
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I've gotten it to work lately, but it NEVER works on the first try. I cancel the connection and try again, and it occasionally works on the second try. If not, I cancel it again and most of the time it will work the third time. If not, a fourth try usually gets it done. Gove it a go and post your experience. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

We are currently aware and our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have further resolution soon.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
KRB1

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Hadn't used mirroring in a while. When I went to turn it on, it asked if I wanted an update. Appears that was a bad decision! This is very frustrating......

0 Kudos
BlueSky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the exact same problem, audio plays but no video. The device is a TCL Rouku 55S535 with software version 10.5.0

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@KRB1 @BlueSky

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What device are you trying to screen mirror from? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos