Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stilly2010

Re: Screen mirroring not working anymore

Jump to solution

Exact same issue, 65" TCL Roku tv, samsung Note20 phone... audio comes through but no picture. It use to work. I'll check back for an updated solution. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Hoodleehoo
Reel Rookie

Smart view video not working anymore (55" roku tv)

Jump to solution

A month or so ago (maybe longer) the video on my smart view connection (galaxy s9) stopped working. It connects, and the audio comes through, but the video is black. Both phone and 55" roku tv are up to date. Both on the same wifi. All settings enabled, and it connects fine, it just doesn't show the video.

0 Kudos
iroc111
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found out that if I first screen mirror my phone to a different Roku TV or my Roku Streaming Stick + and the screen mirroring is working as usual, then, on the S9 phone, swipe down from the top, HOLD down on the "Smart View" icon (aka: Screen Mirror icon), and when the "Smart View" screen mirroring device list populates, and I then select my TCL Roku TV (that has the most recent Roku update that has caused this issue), it will sometimes Screen Mirror correctly (with both audio and video). This method doesn't work every time, but after repeating this process, I can usually get it to work. My phone's Software version (Baseband version) is G960USQU7DTA8, Android version 10, One UI version 2.0.

0 Kudos
TimmyP
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Just an fyi people, this is intended. I have had 3 roku tvs over the years, and gone through just as many threads about this specific feature, among many others...

They are broken intentionally. You can see that there was another update now after 10.5 and now it doesn't even show your phone in the list (Your phone doesnt show the tv* actually scratch that, it does. But now my phone says "cannot start smart streaming", while it works fine on my Surface Pro). This is literally the third time Ive been through this with these Roku TVs, they are great otherwise!

I have a NEW Samsung a32 5g phone that used to work perfect, even with video resuming after I was done connecting. Now its totally gone. Third time.

If you are lower than 10.5. Plug the holes on your router for the update servers for your tv. Google it.

*Its pretty clear the TV is what is flat out rejecting Smartview\miracast. Works on everything else. My TV currently is a Hisense H6.

0 Kudos
RJ99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fixed. Thanks. Finally. 

0 Kudos
Steveha

Jump to solution

Same issue with galaxy s10e. Older tvl roku tvs work but newer ones don't 

GuitarMan
Roku Guru

Screen mirroring from Windows 10 PC suddenly broke. How can I fix it?

Jump to solution

Using a new Roku Ultra.  Last week I was able to mirror my PC screen to the Roku Ultra without a problem.  Now it suddenly stopped.

When I start mirroring on the laptop, it shows the Roku as a display I can connect to, I connect to it, the Roku prompts to allow the connection, I choose Allow, then it goes to the "Starting Video From.." screen, the progress bar jumps to about 30% and that's where everything stops.  

I've rebooted and reset my wifi network, I've rebooted the PC, I've unplugged the power from the Roku and have also restarted everything a million times.  I've removed the Roku from Devices in Windows, I've removed the laptop from Mirroring Devices in the Roku, I've reinstalled my wireless driver on the PC, nothing works.  

I've seen this issue reported several times but have not been able to find a solution.  Any ideas?

BTW, it works just fine mirroring to a Firestick.  The problem is the Roku, not my laptop or my network or anything else. 

0 Kudos
smgraz

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Screen mirroring is not working and it's not a Windows problem.  I can mirror my PC to other enabled devices (things like WiFi ready TVs.) These work fine.  The Roku Stick stopped working and I can find any way to correct it.  What is Roku doing to fix this issue?  

0 Kudos
Zach2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem, 65" only audio no video. Is Roku going to fix this or will this slowly build into some kind of strange fun court thing where they are intentionally "breaking" their products to force us to purchase newer versions even though the ones we have work in every other way 🤔

Heart

Jump to solution

Any update on this?

0 Kudos