Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atherworld
Channel Surfer

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Just discovered I've lost my ability to Mirror form Win10 Dell to RokutTV 49S517.  Worked fine during the summer. Started to connect, then told me it couldn't, and disconnected. Tried again, and Connecting to device box now stuck on screen. I removed my RokuTV and even though Win10 finds it, it won't connect. Bluetooth works fine on my earpods, so I doubt it's a bluetooth problem.  Seems to be a RokuTV problem.

0 Kudos
DownstairsDee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model 7306x roku tv serial number yn00jl599504 (g8800j599504 software version 9.4.0 build 4200-80 timestamp20201-01-08t08:48:21z 

Issue id 04-010-608

Please help me figure out why i can no longer mirron from my Android phone

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Have you tried a different app on your phone?

there are many.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Beyram44
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

I had the same issue. Tried everything they said to do. Then I unplugged my TV and plugged it back in. And it worked. 

darinkb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had tried that and uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Reset Roku and fixed. Was trying to avoid that, but it fixed problem

0 Kudos
benmadly777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay. I know these issues can be a pain. It is not a ROKU issue. I know that's what we would like to think, since we can't figure out what the **bleep** the problem is within windows 10.

Windows 10 has far more things that can go wrong. About the bluetooth. I never said it was the culprit.

On my win 10 laptop, i have bluetooth on, and ensure the ROKU is connected to the same wifi network. Once I mirror and it connects, i then can turn off the wifi to save data gb usage and the windows 10 will still mirror using bluetooth. Just sharing this info with you.

Discovering the exact variable of why it's no longer working is a detailed time consuming thing. Which I why i took the time to go through every step of the process that led me to resolve the issue.

Also unbelievably, sometimes some of the most simple solutions evade us. LIke in my case, I continued trying by process of tedious elimination each thing I could think of for over two months, then after I resolved it, is when I remembered... all i had to do in the meantime is run a HDMI 12foot cable straight from my laptop to the tv, until I figured out what the **bleep** was going on.

0 Kudos
atherworld
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

For me, my Firewall's setting for streaming got changed to another Network, preventing connection.

0 Kudos
anonymous4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

A fix that worked for me: I removed the Windows 10 PC from the devices list on my Roku (via Settings>System>Screen Mirroring) then I was able to connect using the same Win10 PC. Note, Roku did not add the PC back to the list like I think it is supposed to.

Before doing this the connection would stall when initiating. In the past (months or years ago) it used to work fine then at some point the stall thing began. Maybe due to a SW update on the Win or Roku side? Don't know but it works now, at least for the moment.

Thanks to jackadision001 who posted on 12-31-19. I tried to reply to that post but somehow generated a new one instead.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Let you wifi configuration clear and try again. It work's to me.

Just restore network configuration and don't configure it again.

Beyram44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, works everytime