Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msannej10

Re: Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with my TCL Roku. I should have bought another Vizio and Amazon Firestick. I will definitely spread the word that TCL & Roku does not have a free TV casting option. 

lesmikesell
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Miracast is just weird and somewhat random in what works and what doesn't.   My HP spectre laptop running windows 10 works almost perfectly mirroring to either a TCL 55" TV or an older roku3.   However that same laptop will connect, but not mirror at a usable speed to a Sony TV that also claims to support it. And when I had an android phone, it wouldn't work with either TV...

0 Kudos
Cuse

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Cuse

Re: Screen mirroring not working

Jump to solution

Tanner
how do we send you a direct message?

0 Kudos
dpupek
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix screen mirroring not working with my Roku device

Jump to solution

The fix for me was to pair a BLUETOOTH remote to my ROKU TV. I think the screen mirroring relies on the BLUETOOTH subsystem and it's off by default??

Anyway I forget the exact steps I took but I added my BLUETOOTH remote from an old Roku. I had to enable the Bluetooth to do this somewhere in the roku settings. 

Once I paired the remote the screen mirror began working perfectly. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try doing a reset on the Roku device (Inmy case a Roku Stick). It worked for me. It's in the System menu.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I just bought a jvc uhd smart Roku tv ..I am trying to cast a movie from my phone on 123 movies and I have tried several apps..and a direct connect to the tv and all three phones won't connect to my new tv..pls help lol

0 Kudos
Sierra35

Jump to solution

Did you ever get the screen mirroring to work? I'm having the same problem with my TCL Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

"Casting" (device app controls other device app; e.g. NetFlix on Phone controls NF on Roku) and Screen Mirroring/Sharing (device screen appears on other device screen; e.g. Samsung phone screen appears on Roku TV screen as well) are two different technologies/protocols/processes.

That being said, if you've otherwise configured your TCL Roku TV as I outlined above, then:

1) Try connecting the TCL via wired or to a 5Ghz SSID - there is a known RokuOS bug (in recent builds of 9.3.0) when Roku streamers are connecting to 2.4Ghz SSIDs that prevent Miracast (and other) connections with more recent Android/OneUI/SmartView device (phone/tablet/etc) versions (older Android/OneUI/SmartView versions work fine however).

2)  If your wireless gateway/router/modem/device doesnt have separate 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSIDs, configure it so it does (so that you have more control and allowing you the above recommended configuration).

3)  If your wireless gateway/router/modem/device only has 2.4Ghz frequency range, consider upgrading/replacing it with a dual-band (both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) one (soon triple band will become available).

4) Report the Miracasting issue to both TCL and Roku (and to your phone/device manufacturer too):

https://support.tcl.com/contact-us

https://support.roku.com/contactus

0 Kudos
krobinso
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This has been an ongoing problem with Roku for years!  I've had 3 Roku TV's and 7 devices, I can count on one hand how many times I've been able to cast! I just bought an Android TV.  The technology is much better, but not the apps YET.

0 Kudos