Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olamiri

Re: Any problems with Roku and Samsung smart TV's

I have the exact same problem. All Roku that are connected to my Samsung TV don't work. The one that is connected to the Philips TV is working fine. The other thing I noticed, its is all the downloaded aps that are not working. YouTube works fine, Roku channel woks fine but most of the other apps do not work.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This is a very old thread. But I have a Roku connected to two different Samsung TVs, and there's no issue with using anything on either device. If you're referring to the apps on the Samsung, why would you use them over the same apps on your Roku? I doubt there's any app available on your Samsung that isn't available on the Roku, but I am certain there are Roku channels that don't have an app ono your Samsung.

But my Roku players connected to a Samsung, LG or Vizio smart TV all work as expected.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
olamiri

I was referring to the apps on the Roku. Some of those apps I could not find them on the Samsung smart TV for example: Rumble.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, I'll repeat what was posted here previously. There is no way for any device connected to a display's HDMI input to interact in a way that would cause one or the other to not function. In the TV's case, the only thing I can "do" to the Roku is complete a video handshake of the HDMI connection, and acknowledge any CEC messages sent from the Roku. By CEC, I mean using the Roku volume control to turn the TV sound up or down, or to cause the TV to change to the HDMI input used by the Roku if the home button on the Roku remote is pressed. That's really the only CEC functionality that exists with a Roku player.

The TV cannot send any signal into the Roku to control it in any way. That functionality simply doesn't exist. You can't use the TV remote to control action on the Roku. There's nothing on the TV that would interfere with the Roku's network connection. There's nothing the TV can do to make a channel on the Roku fail. There's simply no connectivity between the two that might allow that to happen.

I have a Samsung TU7000 next to me with a Roku Premiere, and a JU7100 in the bedroom with an Ultra 4640 connected. Both Roku players work as expected. The Premiere is connected wirelessly, while the Ultra has a hardwired network connection. I have an Ultra 4800 connected to an LG Nano85 downstairs, and it's used daily without issue.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos