Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPM0001
Level 7

ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

I used the subject "ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden" for a reason since it appears the last post on it was from 2017. I received an update yesterday on my Roku SoundBar. Since then my screen has been flickering inconsistently every ~10-15min. It flashes the screen black then goes back to normal video. Roku Smart Soundbar  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU screen flickering all of a sudden

@RPM0001 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable used to connect your Roku Smart Soundbar as well as using another HDMI port on the TV to see if this resolves the issue?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RPM0001
Level 7

Hi, I switched it from HDMI (ARC) port to another HDMI port and it is working again. The directions say to connect to an ARC port. Will this make any difference?

0 Kudos
RPM0001
Level 7

UPDATE - Switching the port did not resolve the issue. However, the following Roku error popped up on the screen.UPDATE - Switching the port did not resolve the issue. However, the following Roku error popped up on the screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@RPM0001 

Thanks for the update.

For troubleshooting steps regarding HDCP errors, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos