Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Protholl
Channel Surfer

ROKU TV (TCL) guide issues

I have three ROKU tvs.  In the last couple of months I've been having guide issues. Two are TCL and one is Insignia.  The problem is that when I power them on the guide no longer works.  If I try to use it I wind up looking at 4ish rows of grey but 0 text.  Sometimes I can see the guide but not the channel data.  The only thing that works to fix it is to run another channel re-scan.  After that I can see all programming guide info and the channel info and all is well.  The next day I power the TV on and boom... nothing but 4ish rows of grey.  Have any of you had this happen and do you have a workaround that is permanent?  My workaround works but it sucks.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU TV (TCL) guide issues

@Protholl

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos