Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimSlattery
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

For what it's worth, I found settings for b/g/n and channel selection in the Xfinity cell phone app.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TimSlattery wrote:

For what it's worth, I found settings for b/g/n and channel selection in the Xfinity cell phone app.

Yep, but they aren't available for mine. No idea why it differs for different customers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To Tim Slattery and Mr Community Streaming Expert,

Some of us are just everyday people with no knowledge of b, n, or g or 802 or how to do any of that. I was relying on the fact that I had a ticket number and expected Roku would help me out. I've tried for weeks now and get absolutely no response to my inquiries.

I keep writing to Roku support in response to the ticket # issued to me, but all I ever get is "It’s been a while since we've heard from you, so this automated message is here to remind you that we're looking forward to your response on the ticket you requested. If we don’t hear back from you in 3 days, well assume it’s safe to mark the ticket as resolved."  The message is followed with reprints of all the messages I've replied, so I know they've gotten to Roku. But I've received no help whatsoever.

Yes, I found an Xfinity app but can't download it so, even if I knew what to do with it, I'm out of luck. I'm very disappointed with all the hours I've wasted on this product to no avail.  I guess it's time to toss it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kmrsy

Thanks for the post.

If you need further assistance changing the channel on your router device, you will need to contact your router/internet provider as they would best be able to assist you with that.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@kmrsy sorry, I was out of town and hadn't seen your post. If you have Xfinity, you won't be able to change the channel or mode yourself. Comcast has deemed they know better than you do for those settings, so you'd have to contact their technical support to change them. 

I can't explain why Roku hasn't responded to your ticket, but that seems to happen sometimes. We users can offer what support we can, but for things like your router settings you need to talk with your ISP. I have Comcast myself, and have confirmed I cannot make those changes to my router. If I owned the router myself, instead of renting from them, then I'd have total control. I've even explained to them that I have an IT background and I wish to control those myself, but no luck. It's one reason I have other wireless access points in my home that I control, so I can ensure all my devices can connect. I don't know what specific Roku device you are using, but I have no network issues with any of mine. Is it because of my IT knowledge? Perhaps, but I've never had to tweak anything on my network specifically to make any Roku device (or anything else) connect. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny, Comcast was of no help other than to give me a competing device that works but didn't provide as much variety.

0 Kudos
kmrsy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

RCSExpert,

Thanks for trying. Comcast has been pretty good to me for many years. They couldn't fix this so they gave me the Flex box for streaming. Adding a 99 cent Hulu special rounded it out. However, when I sat down to watch Weeds on Hulu via Flex, on a whim I went to Roku instead. Works just fine! Why? Dunno. For 3 weeks it just refused to connect and suddenly, it's connected.  Yeah, but for how long...

Thanks for watching out for us non-tech types.

0 Kudos
Mikeoncamera
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My problem solved. I had lost airplay screen mirroring from my IPad and MacBook and couldn’t use my Roku mobile app.

Hisense Roku Tv

Settings - System - Advanced system settings - Network connection reset

Everything working again!

0 Kudos
Yazubad

Jump to solution

This worked for me. I had to change my settings to bgn, and it worked! I'm so happy thank you!

0 Kudos
Mikeoncamera
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update

I haven’t connected since my post stating the problem was solved. Now it’s right back to nothing works. IOS mobile remote app can’t find the tv again. No mobile remote. No screen mirroring. This is BS!

0 Kudos