Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathya
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Yep, I reset the router (even though every other connected device was working fine) and, poof! Instant access to Roku again without all off the hassle of trying other measures

0 Kudos
RebeccAlarc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Lucky!!!!! I have tried everything and still no networks available.

0 Kudos
Megs3161

Jump to solution

I reset my wireless router, then I reset my wireless network on my rouku. It worked!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm facing the same problem. Restarting the router did solve the problem for a while but now it does not connect to the internet anymore. I even tried the suggestion mentioned but still the same.

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Has anyone tried setting up a static IP for the roku?  I wonder if it is a DHCP issues, since it also happens with a wired connection.  Probably in gateway and/or subnet mask would be the culprits of not reaching the internet but connected to the local LAN.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You can't enter a static IP in any Roku device. You can create an address reservation in your router, which accomplishes the same thing, ensuring the device always has the same IP address. Different routers have different methods of creating the reservation, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it in yours. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hey, you are right. Can't set up the network manually (first device I've ever seen that on)!

DHCP reservations are not the same thing.  The device still needs to queries the server for the settings, while manually it just sets it all itself. 

Everything on my network is in a DHCP reservation or a static.  Makes it easier and quicker to see if I get a rouge device.  But doubt I ever would since I'm using 802.1x PEAP with certs.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Yeah, the first devices that can't be manually configured I've ever encountered. I understand the difference between a static and reserved address. I just wasn't going to get too technical, but you obvious have more than typical knowledge in the area. 🙂

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Wonder if maxing out DHCP lease time might help.  It might be getting all boogered up on the lease renew.  Dropping it down to 60 seconds might be a way to tell. (force the error)

0 Kudos
KP11

Jump to solution

Hi,

My Roku can not find my WIFI. I live in a concrete building and it picks up people’s WIFI floors above me, below and down the hall. Plus it works fine in the evening or at night. All other devices work just fine that are connected to WIFI. I have restarted everything and there is still connection issues only during the day. 

0 Kudos