Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillAnderson
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Danny,

You just saved an account.  I was just getting ready to go to another streaming service... 

We haven't been able to use either of our Rokus for a week now and I have gotten very tired of trying to get answers from other lost customers instead of Roku providing support.  I have tried a variety of  recommendations (reset Roku, reset modem, factory reset Roku...), and quite frankly got lost trying to follow some, but what eventually worked was turning my phone into a Hotspot and logging in through it.  When I did, both Rokus did massive software updates and I was able to switch them back over to the normal network.  Bill

0913Zoey

Jump to solution

what do i need to do. Is their someone  i can talk to  .I am eighty years old and do not  understand all these different things on here, or where to go. please someone talk to me

0 Kudos
0913Zoey

Jump to solution

is their no one to talk to

0 Kudos
Lifestyledesign
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Restarting the Router worked, Thanks

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@0913Zoey, can you give us more information about your problem?  There are several people here that will go out of their way to help you.  We just need specific information about your problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Schultz0571
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried restarting my modem and my Roku. I tried factory reset. The only thing that worked for me after hours of repeating everything else, was pushing the reset on the back of my Roku. There is a hole that says reset above it. I didn't see it until I unplugged it and unhooked it from my tv. When I hooked it back up I noticed it. After I pushed the reset it connected right away and has been working great.   Mine is a Roku express.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Schultz0571 how long did you hold the reset button? From the sounds of it, you didn't do a full factory reset, which requires a minimum of 30 seconds pressing the button. So you basically just did the same as a power cycle of the Roku. Glad that appears to have solved your issue. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Schultz0571
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I held the reset button for 10 seconds. I did a factory reset from the settings, it didn't work for me. 

0 Kudos
Barry11

Re: SOLVED: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Me too!u

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Schultz0571

Thanks for the follow up post.

As @atc98092 mentioned, please make sure to press and hold down the reset button for at least 30 seconds regardless of what is happening on the screen.

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: Factory reset your Roku

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos