Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RebeccAlarc
Channel Surfer

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

I just got out chat with a chat bot and still having the issue. She suggested registering my product but I am checking my network first to make sure my husband didn't "accidentally" ban the tv from our network based on mac address. 

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Tell your husband, that MAC filtering for security is the equivalent of a luggage lock; it is useless.  Even the script-kiddies can spoof a MAC address in a single command.

0 Kudos
gigi707

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Restarted modem/ roku and finally factory reset Roku & still does not connect. I have excellent wifi signal. My other Roku’s are fine excelt for this one. I am very frustrated. Any updates?

0 Kudos
Misskate1873
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I ended up buying a new Roku 4K express and it works perfectly (for now). I think there is planned obsolesence and they stop updating certain models to make them compatible. We will see how this one does in 6 mos. If it fails, I’ll be done with Roku. I have bought 4 now. I am not happy overall. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please answer the following questions so we can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to provide us with the following information and we will be able to assist you further:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-have you tried connecting your device to another wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are able to connect or are you still seeing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Misskate1873
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny, I appreciate your response, but you know all of us have tried everything multiple times. It is clear that some of your devices are simply going bad and that you are using inferior materials in buying these. The sheer volume should be enough to alert your team that you are on the verge of a class action issue. 
I would encourage everyone to follow Danny’s direction on how to notify them.  They must be given an opportunity to cure the issue. I hope Roku recognizes the issue so they can issue a recall of defective products. 

mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Misskate1873 wrote:

Danny, I appreciate your response, but you know all of us have tried everything multiple times. It is clear that some of your devices are simply going bad and that you are using inferior materials in buying these. The sheer volume should be enough to alert your team that you are on the verge of a class action issue.

I mentioned this previously to you, but did you test to see if it would connect to your phone's Internet connection by temporarily setting up your phone as a mobile WiFi hotspot? That would rule out your Roku having "gone bad".

0 Kudos
Peach147

Jump to solution

Same here.   All three of our boxes won’t connect. We’ve rebooted them all so many times and they won’t work !!!!help!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Peach147 having three different devices all not connect really does point to some sort of issue with your wireless access point/router. Do you have a cable company as your ISP? Many companies will make changes to your settings without telling you. And those changes might impact your Roku's ability to connect to it.

Is your network shown on your Roku, but it won't connect, or does it not see it at all? Does it see ANY other wireless networks? We need these answers to help your troubleshoot. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
BillAnderson
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Danny,

You just saved an account.  I was just getting ready to go to another streaming service... 

We haven't been able to use either of our Rokus for a week now and I have gotten very tired of trying to get answers from other lost customers instead of Roku providing support.  I have tried a variety of  recommendations (reset Roku, reset modem, factory reset Roku...), and quite frankly got lost trying to follow some, but what eventually worked was turning my phone into a Hotspot and logging in through it.  When I did, both Rokus did massive software updates and I was able to switch them back over to the normal network.  Bill