Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bewildered_Bob
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what Roku is doing ??  Even 'tho the wireless signal is EXCELLENT and there are no problems connecting using my PC, Roku fails to work consistently during hours of maximum viewership. However an ethernet cable used instead works swell and is EZ to install - go figure !!

Bewildered Bob

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Bewildered_Bob 

Ethernet works because it eliminates the wireless (wi-fi connection) issues.  Both channel configuration and antenna signal strength/communication/interference between the roku and router.  You either need to login to your router and configure the Wireless Settings to work properly with the Roku devices or simply continue with ethernet (preferred method anyways when feasible.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've had the problem *with* wired Ethernet.  Issue is most likely in the DHCP client (on lease renewal).  I haven't tried setting a static IP.  Will next time it comes up.

0 Kudos
jverschoor

Jump to solution

What the ISP account or how do I get to that spot? 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jverschoor wrote:

What the ISP account or how do I get to that spot? 

ISP is your Internet Service Provider. Whomever you pay for Internet access is your ISP. You don't access it through a Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Bewildered_Bob
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar

Your explanation makes sense but why did wireless work as advertised for long time and suddenly fail consistently ???   Did Roku make a change without warning ??

still Bewildered Bob

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yeah, there was at least one change last year in an update that broke WiFi compatibility for certain people, and I still haven't seen Roku officially acknowledge it. While it's not the only reason for people's devices to stop connecting, they're definitely guilty of making changes and then ignoring the fall out.

patti52

Jump to solution

I bought a new Arris modem/router. I got help from ISP to get it connected. I am not used to doing this type of stuff, so I was stunned when the Roku TV would not connect.

Trying to think of what to do, I got on the computer, asked it "Why is my Roku TV not working?" and it brought me to this website.  HOORAY !!  I followed the simple instructions and "voila" the problem is solved!!

I tend to fret over these things but tried to stay calm.  Sometimes the internet can answer questions when we have one.

0 Kudos
coach90245

Jump to solution

No go! Tried three times and still did not connect.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @coach90245

Thanks for the post. 

Could you tell us if you are getting an error code or message? Refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

If still no dice, we suggest reaching out to your Roku TV manufacturer's Support team to report the issue and for further help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos