Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SA81

Re: ROKU TV Suddenly won't connect to Internet - no problem before now

Jump to solution

I am having to same problem and nothing works!  I have an insignia TV that does not have ROKU.  I have a ROKU device and it has worked fine for 2 years and just stopped picking up the wireless.  What to do now??? I need help!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

ARGH, so aggravated! Roku stopped working, bought a wifi repeater and literally plugged it under the TV.  Still nothing,  did a Factory reset and nope...not a thing. Able to hit wireless connection but not able to pick up internet.

any suggestions?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes this worked for me. Thank you 

0 Kudos
DampDog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've posted about the issues I'm having elsewhere on these forums and then found this thread, so sorry for doubling up.

I suspect I'm seeing the same issue with my Roku

I have a Roku express streaming player which is only about 18 months old. It's suddenly not connecting due to poor wifi signal strength. It's been mostly trouble free (other than an update that stopped it connecting to Netflix for a few days) There's another thread for that!

It worked perfectly one day, then would not connect the next. (Nothing changed elsewhere)

Done the usual, restart device and router, but no joy. (but not a reset)

I've switched it out with a Roku premier that is used in another room and that connects first time with "good" signal quality from the exact same spot. When I check signal quality on that device, Netflix shows a solid 22Mbs.

Placed back original Roku express and when it does occasionally manage to connect, signal quality is "poor" at best (was good originally) with Netflix measuring a pityful 0.395KBs! w

Having been bitten once with a software update I'm unsure as to whether it's "groundhog day" and another software issue, or something had actually failed inside the device.

If it is another software issue the player has effectively hobbled itself as getting any type of a connections takes numerous attempts.

The last software debacle also only affected my Roku express and not my premier version. It really would be nice to get some feedback from Roku instead of just waiting and hoping it gets resolved.   

s8867275

Jump to solution

polise

0 Kudos
s8867275

Jump to solution
Spoiler

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DampDog wrote:

Placed back original Roku express and when it does occasionally manage to connect, signal quality is "poor" at best (was good originally) with Netflix measuring a pityful 0.395KBs! w

I heard there might be a new update available, but I haven't heard anyone affected by the bug report back that it fixed their problem. As previously mentioned, you may need to try setting up your phone as a mobile hotspot and connecting the Roku to that to download any new updates that might eventually fix the problem. It'd definitely be helpful if someone at Roku who works on the software updates would officially acknowledge the problem and that they're working on a fix so that we didn't waste our time testing random updates that have no bearing on this.

0 Kudos
sean5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

nope!! Not the solution

0 Kudos
sean5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope! Didn't work. I've tried everything. Nothing is working. Will not connect to internet

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sean5 wrote:

nope!! Not the solution

@sean5 , you've got to click the quote button, or we can't know which things didn't work for you.

0 Kudos