Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
id10t2
Channel Surfer

ROKU TV Settings for Resolution

Is there a way to set the resolution of a 4K TV to only display 1080 or 720?  I have a TV setup at my dad's for the grandkids to watch their shows on. Cartoons Disney etc. Many of the programs are 4K and use a lot of bandwidth for no reason. With ISP's starting to crack down on data caps this is a big waste of data for 4- and 5-year-old who are not paying attention to begin with. On the ROKU streaming boxes, you can set the max resolution. However, I cannot find anywhere in any of the TV's. It is the same with four assorted brands of TV as well if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: ROKU TV Settings for Resolution

Same problem!!!

Eating up every bit of my data in just a couple of hours! I can't figure out how to change the resolution. I keep seeing articles about the "display type" option but my Onn Roku TV doesn't have one!!! My 3 yr old is now hooked on blaze the monster machine but can't watch it. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU TV Settings for Resolution

@id10t2 @Codeinequeen

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the display settings within the channel that you are trying to play content with?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos