Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ellzeena
Level 7

ROKU TV 32S327 SOUND crackling intermittently

Jump to solution

TCL 32S327, purchased March 2020!!, intermittent sound crackling/broken up.  I read somewhere that resetting the HDMI cable works.  I disconnect from TV, reconnect, issue resolves BUT this is a brand new TV!!! What is the underlying problem?  Should I return it? It has a warranty! Or should I purchase another HDMI cable and, if so, are some better than others?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU TV 32S327 SOUND crackling intermittently

Jump to solution

@ellzeena 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ellzeena 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Gingerbreadman1
Level 7

Jump to solution

It may be that you need to turn off the auto stereo and/or the auto detect feature in your Roku settings.  The crackling sound seems to have been an issue with the newer Roku premier but maybe this is something that is an issue with all newer Roku firmware.

0 Kudos
RowdiB
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had this happen to my tv also. I did a power drain on mine and it fixed the problem. I unplugged the tv and held the power button for thirty seconds. Plugged it back in and turned it on and it was fine again. 

0 Kudos