cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Soundbar with Monitor TV and External Surround system

Jump to solution

I am hoping to purchase a Roku Sounder w/built in streaming. I have an excellent but old flatscreen Monitor along with a surround sound stereo. I would like to be able to (audio out ) using the optical out on the sound bar to my 7 channel receiver.  Does the optical input/ on the soundbar work as an optical output?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: ROKU Soundbar with Monitor TV and External Surround system

Jump to solution

@PCTV  Thanks for the note here. That functionality would not be supported. The optical (S/PDIF) port is for optical audio-in only. 

I'd recommend checking out a standard Roku streaming player as an alternate option, since you already have an surround sound audio system. You can see the latest lineup here: www.roku.com/products

I appreciate you getting in touch—I'll pass the feedback along to our team. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@PCTV  Thanks for the note here. That functionality would not be supported. The optical (S/PDIF) port is for optical audio-in only. 

I'd recommend checking out a standard Roku streaming player as an alternate option, since you already have an surround sound audio system. You can see the latest lineup here: www.roku.com/products

I appreciate you getting in touch—I'll pass the feedback along to our team. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Jump to solution

There are true Roku tv's cheaper then  the price of the roku sound bar. Built-in streamer, speakers, and screen. Smiley Happy

Edmund
0 Kudos