Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottt1174
Level 7

ROKU APP QUESTION ON ANDROID PHONE??

So I have the TCL R617 55" and it's a Roku tv build in. Anyway when you download the Roku app on your phone you can use that app to control the tv. Well the TCL has an extra feature in the app when you connect it to your tv and that's the expert picture settings. Now this is my problem. Everytime the Tv engages HDR or Dolby Vision content the picture settings on the tv change thats all fine and dandy no problems there. No after the HDR or DV is engaged and I go into my Roku app on my phone and check the expert picture settings the "Picture Mode" always sets to "LOW POWER" why is this happening? The Roku app before showed in the app under Picture Mode "HDR Dark" etc when engaged on the tv it doesnt say that anymore. Is this a bug in the app? I hope I explained it correctly. Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scottt1174
Level 7

Re: ROKU APP QUESTION ON ANDROID PHONE??

Can anyone from Roku reply to this please? Thanks
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scott1174 

Thanks for the note here. Some additional questions here that will help us better understand the issue you are seeing: 

- What specific Android device (make/model) are you using? 
- What version of Android is it running? 
- What version of the Roku mobile app do you have installed? 
- Have you tried connecting to the TV on a different Android device? Do you experience the same issue? 

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, and include the details above. I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@Scott1174 

Thanks for the note here. Some additional questions here that will help us better understand the issue you are seeing: 

- What specific Android device (make/model) are you using? Samsung 7S Edge
- What version of Android is it running? 9.0
- What version of the Roku mobile app do you have installed? 6.0.11.268230
- Have you tried connecting to the TV on a different Android device? Do you experience the same issue? I have not. Only have one phone.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your TV from Settings>System>About, and include the details above. I'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks! 
Tanner

Tanner-

See my answers in your orignal email. See there other info below. I called Roku customer service and they are trying to work on it but I have never heard back. Thanks

[personal information removed]
Serial # YF00FF842958
0 Kudos
Scottt1174
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
@Scott1174 

- What specific Android device (make/model) are you using? 
- What version of Android is it running? 
- What version of the Roku mobile app do you have installed? 
- Have you tried connecting to the TV on a different Android device? Do you experience the same issue? 

Thanks! 
Tanner

Tanner-

This is definalty an app problem. I tried it on another android phone. Still shows Low Power. I am surprised people arnt complaining about this. I think Roku has known about this but never fixed it. Maybe people just never noticed it. I am not saying you Tanner but I think Roku knows about this problem. Can you let me k ow how this issue will be resolved? I sent you my info through DM. I think the app needs to be fixed and updated on the app store.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the additional information here. I've passed this along to our team who is looking into this. 

In the meantime, I'd recommend using your physical TV remote to access these additional settings during playback by pressing the * key, and making any adjustments that you may desire. 

Feel free to PM me again if you need further assistance. 

Thanks,
Tanner 
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos