Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jhketel
Level 7

ROKU 32 inch TCL drops WiFi network every day.

Every device connected to my WiFi at home doesn’t have this problem, including my 55” TCL roku tv downstairs, but for some reason my 32” TCL roku tv drops my WiFi network on a routine basis. Sometimes even one or two times an hour. the only way to be able to connect the tv to the internet again is to restart my modem. I’ve tried restarting the TV, resetting network in the settings, unplugging the tv and plugging it back in, updating my TV, and nothing works. Having to spend 5 minutes 1-2 times an hour to restart my modem is beginning to be a pain.

Anyone able having this issue? Is there a fix yet?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Markp
Level 9

Re: ROKU 32 inch TCL drops WiFi network every day.

Had the exact problem and tried everything you did. Then about a month ago it stopped occurring. The only issue I currently experience is when turning the tv on it takes about 30 seconds to connect, then its smooth sailing. Wish I could provide a more definitive answer. 
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

"Markp" wrote:
Had the exact problem and tried everything you did. Then about a month ago it stopped occurring. The only issue I currently experience is when turning the tv on it takes about 30 seconds to connect, then its smooth sailing. Wish I could provide a more definitive answer. 

That sounds like the fast start feature is off.
0 Kudos
Markp
Level 9

How does one find the fast start feature? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Markp
Level 9

Found it. Sure solved the problem. Appreciated.
0 Kudos