Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobCol
Level 7

RCA Roku tv sound choppy and volume too low when switching between Roku channels and sat tv

Jump to solution

Due to our location in rural MA, we have th choice of Spectrum cable or satellite tv; we went with DISH satellite. We bought an RCA Roku tv in April 2020, model #RTR4062-B-CA which has been working ok with DISH and Roku except for two issues:

1. An intermittent problem: when we watch some of the Roku channels like Netflix, HBO Now, Roku TV, etc, and then go back to sat tv the sound goes all weird: choppy, broken up, metallic sounds and impossible to listen to. I have tried all the methods to fix audio: on Settings, we tried all the audio settings, auto detect, PCM-stereo, dolby, dolby digital and the rest. While watching sat tv, I have hit the "*" asterisk button and moved thru all the settings for Sound Mode: Normal and all the choices, no fix. On the Volume Mode I tried: Off, Leveling, Night. Nothing fixes the choppy audio unless I turn off the tv for a while or go back to a Roku station. The problem seems to come up more when I watch a Roku channel for a longer time, 1/2 hour or more, and then go back to sat tv. But it is an intermittent issue, not constant.

2. An ongoing issue all the time: audio levels sat tv vs. Roku channels. On sat tv I can listen comfortably at a level of 18 but when on a Roku channel I need to go up to at lest 50 or more. The Sound mode is on Normal and the Volume mode is on Off. It can be disconcerting if I m watching HBO Now and then go to sat tv but forget to drop the volume: I get blasted out of the room!

Any suggestions, please??!! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nadinemenajones
Level 8

Re: RCA Roku tv sound choppy and volume too low when switching between Roku channels and sat tv

Jump to solution

Hit the pause/play button three times and factory reset audio/video settings, it does not factory restore the TV so your downloaded apps and settings are not effected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nadinemenajones
Level 8

Re: RCA Roku tv sound choppy and volume too low when switching between Roku channels and sat tv

Jump to solution

Hit the pause/play button three times and factory reset audio/video settings, it does not factory restore the TV so your downloaded apps and settings are not effected.

View solution in original post

Peace_to_all
Level 7

Jump to solution

My 4k Roku RCA flat screen TV has recently been having this same type of issue. For now I've narrowed it down to when I hit the * and change the audio setting to anything but normal the sound either cuts out completely or it becomes distorted. I then have to do a reset on the TV and start all over again. As well I've noticed that after being on YouTube for awhile then turning the TV off....(time doesn't seem to be a factor)and turn it on I get the same situation. Then it's back to an audio and video reset. TV is only 7 months old. 

BobbyToronto
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here... Watch Netflix all Normal;turn off computer and click Netflix, same movie and volume is gone.

Use to factory reset; Volume setting to Levelling does the trick.

0 Kudos
MsDi913
Level 7

Jump to solution

To make it less confusing after reading others answers:

in settings go to factory reset audio

then hit pause/play 3 times

0 Kudos