Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sconelbro
Level 7

R+ Remote for my onn TV?

I bought a new onn Roku TV, but I also have a sound bar. I bought an R+ Remote to have one remote for both. It programed in the sound bar just fine, but it doesn't work for the TV. I tried programming in the Home button, but it never worked. Is it supposed to work the Roku TV with programming? Without programming? Or not at all?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: R+ Remote for my onn TV?

I have no idea what a R+ remote is? If you purchased a wifi voice remote then it can either be programmed to the Roku tv or Roku soundbar, but not at the same time. If its paired to Roku tv, then most of the keys on the front of the remote will control the roku tv, the volume & mute keys would control the tv and soundbar via hdmi cec. If it were paired to the Roku Soundbar it would control all of the soundbar and the power and volume keys would control the roku tv by hdmi-cec. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: R+ Remote for my onn TV?

I see what you bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Universal-Streaming-Learning-Ultra%E3%80%90NOT/dp/B0852KQTSP

That is an aftermarket universal remote, it is not product by Roku. Roku tv's and Roku soundbars use completely different IR code sets, so there is no way one will conflict with the other, so if that remote can control multiple devices at see no reason why it can't control both of your roku's. Unless it can only control one device at a time. 

Edmund
0 Kudos