Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoxannB
Level 7

Purchased a US tv but I live in Canada

Jump to solution

I bought my sharp smart tv in the states but I live in Canada.  Is there any way to change the country associated with it?  I cant access canadian apps / channels as it thinks I am out of the range!  Roku channels dont work for this same reason.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Purchased a US tv but I live in Canada

Jump to solution

@RoxannB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels aren't appearing in Search that are supposed to be in that region, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where those channels may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account.

We would recommend creating a new account in your current region if this is the case to see if it resolves your issue. For more information about creating a new Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?

Once you have a new account set up in your correct region, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, by pressing and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on your screen. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

After the Roku TV has been factory reset, you can link the TV to your new Roku account that you just created.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Purchased a US tv but I live in Canada

Jump to solution

@RoxannB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

It sounds like you may have created a Roku account that isn't located in your current region. If channels aren't appearing in Search that are supposed to be in that region, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where those channels may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account.

We would recommend creating a new account in your current region if this is the case to see if it resolves your issue. For more information about creating a new Roku account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account?

Once you have a new account set up in your correct region, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, by pressing and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, regardless of what is happening on your screen. For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

After the Roku TV has been factory reset, you can link the TV to your new Roku account that you just created.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos