Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munick90
Level 7

Program Information Missing from Smart Guide

Jump to solution

I have a TCL Roku TV.  The smart guide worked fine until about a week ago, when the program title and season/episode numbers disappeared.  The guide is still there, with the channel information.  Only the program information is missing.  Is there anything I can do to retrieve that information?

[post moved to appropriate board]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnotherOldGuy
Level 7

Re: Program Information Missing from Smart Guide

Jump to solution

Go to settings; system; advanced system settings; and Factory reset everything!

I wasted hours with all the other BS everyone suggests... this takes about 35 minutes of your time and solves the problem

Cheers,

mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note. Have you tried restarting your TV from Settings>System>Power>System restart?

I'd also recommend ensuring that your network connection is working correctly. Settings>Network>Check connection.

If that isn't working, I would recommend re-scanning for antenna channels. If you need additional help with that, reach out to TCL support for more assistance here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Please let us know if these steps don't help clear up the issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Jakens
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did all three steps and after rescanning for channels, I have no program info for ANY channel (before by system restart only some were missing info). My connection is working properly. Please help.

Rudy2
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue

AnotherOldGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem here! I have done system restart, network reconnect, disconnected the power source overnight in conjunction with system restart and network reconnect, still I have no data on the channel guides!

What I find strange is, I have two TCL Roku TVs of different sizes. The tv in the living room The guide is working correctly, while the TV in the bedroom has no data on the channel guide. They are both connected to the same antenna system. How is this even possible?

thanks,

mike

XQ
Level 7

Jump to solution

Bought a new 65" TCL Roku two weeks ago. Program guide worked fine. Last few day "No Data Available" on all program guide channels. Other TCL Roku Televisions in the house receive program data as normal. Sounds like TCL has been dodging this fix for awhile. I tried restart, unplugging, rescaning channels, reconnection of internet and wifi.

If I press the OK button program info is displayed for the station tuned in. Sounds like a programming or hardware issue.

My return window is open to 8/14 and this TCL Roku Television is already broken. No Fix? You can have another for the refurbish pile.

0 Kudos
AnotherOldGuy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Go to settings; system; advanced system settings; and Factory reset everything!

I wasted hours with all the other BS everyone suggests... this takes about 35 minutes of your time and solves the problem

Cheers,

mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
XQ
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Mike... it did reset my program guide. I just hope it isn't a common experience but glad you found the fix!

XQ

0 Kudos