Discussions

More than a smart TV—a better TV. Learn more about using your Roku TV, locate help resources, and share your experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Problems connecting certain TCL Roku TV channels to internet

So I've recently purchased a new TCL 50S423 and have been using it error free for a month or so with a ISP (Century Link) provided Modem/Router ZyXEL C1100Z.  I am trying to set up a network for guests, we have an AirBnB, that is secured from my own.  So I decided to purchase a seperate router that will offer more features.  I purchased the Linksys WRT1200AC.

So,  I have put the ZyXEL into Transparent Bridging Mode.  Entered my PPPoE username & password in Linksys Smart Wifi router settings.  Changed Static DNS 1 to 8.8.8.8 and Static DNS to 8.8.4.4

Router shows internet on LED's.  I can connect to internet from laptop, mobile device etc...so it is working correctly.

However when I go to use TCL TV I run into problems.  The TV will connect to internet.  When I run a "check connection" from TV menu I get an all ok.  However, when I go to one of the apps, Prime video/ Roku Channel or some others I get connection errors.  

Prime Video shows error code 5004.

Roku channel just loads and freezes.

However Halmark/ YouTube/ Vudu... channel all work just fine?

Not sure what to do.  I'm guessing there must be a setting in the router or TV somewhere I am missing.  Any help would be great.

Thanks

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Problems connecting certain TCL Roku TV channels to internet

Did you ever figure this out?  I had the exact same issue with the ZyXEL C1100Z.  After double checking that everything else could stream, and even the Netflix app on the Roku had good network connection, I switched to a Netgear modem.  All channels started streaming again.

0 Kudos