Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: Live TV not working

@JRambo wrote:

No that is not what I am seeing. I am only seeing 1 channel (1148).  None of the cable channels are showing at all and the program listings do not come up. I have done all of the resets and updates and nothing has helped. Only this one Roku streaming channel is playing which I don't want or even know where it came from.

Something changed on my tv the past week, which causes streaming channels to be part of what had been antenna tv. I.e., instead of channel 61 rolling over to channel 3, it continues going up to channel 1038 (or something. This was in addition to the channel up/down buttons becoming single-channel change. Holding the button only changes one channel. So, that made the 1038 channels look even more unwelcome.). I read a post here saying those streaming channels can be removed from Live TV by home>settings>tv inputs>Live TV and choose "hide streaming tv channels (hide all)." I think that's a new setting.

What you describe sounds like more than that. You might try hiding those, and see if it helps. Maybe rescan for antenna channels (which I think scans cable too. I don't have cable. Antenna only.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
brock_

TCL R617 chooses wrong channel in guide for HD 8.1

I have a TCL 55R617 that has worked fine for about 3 years. However, since the update that came out around Thanksgiving, I’m unable to select channel 8.1 (KUHT) in my OTA channel guide. The TV changes to channel 8.5 instead. 8.5 is an audio only channel, no video signal.

I’m in the Houston, TX area watching local OTA channels. Signal is fine and the same antenna feeds 3 other non-Roku tuners in my house, and the others all work fine with both channels. All other channels my antenna picks up work fine on this TV, only 8.1 exhibits this behavior. Selecting 8.5 in the guide correctly switches to the 8.5 channel. Any selection of 8.1 in the guide will always change the channel to 8.5. 8.1 does come in correctly when browsed in the hide antenna channels setup menu in the settings though.

I’ve tried hard power cycling the TV, hiding the 8.5 channel in the guide, neither has done anything. Thought I’d post here and see if anyone else in the area had experienced this and had a solution.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: TCL R617 chooses wrong channel in guide for HD 8.1

That person posted to some other threads which sounded similar. Not sure if they were the same problem. You can click their username and see their posts, look at those threads.

I was surprised that thread is now on page 3. It didn't seem that long ago. I wish Roku would just give us the ability to choose an earlier version of software update so we can self-medicate until the problems are fixed. (Even better: allow users to subscribe to beta testing updates so Roku could fix stuff before releasing it.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
carolmcd

Re: TCL R617 chooses wrong channel in guide for HD 8.1

I am having the same issue with 8.1 reverting to 8.5 which is a radio station associated with the local PBS group.  I rebooted the tv and scanned the channels again but no help.  I have a TCL Roku in another room and no problem on that tv.  Hopefully, this will be rectified soon!

osl7
Streaming Star

Re: Problem With Live TV Over the Air - Channel 10.1 redirecting to 10.3

same problem they completely screwed up the channels. When they did the update and they don't seem to care and  I have a Sharp tv

osl7
Streaming Star

and  factory reset does nothing

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

same **bleep** is happened on my Sharp roku tv with the same channels. It's their stupid update and Factory reset does nothing

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

sorry the issue hasn't been resolve you screwed up OTA service on a ton of people's tv with this last update

0 Kudos
osl7
Streaming Star

This fixed absolutely nothing

0 Kudos
LQ
Reel Rookie

The only way to get to the X.1 channel is by manually scrolling up or down from the adjacent channels.  However, interestingly, it is the same 2 networks that people are having problems with:  NBC and PBS, no matter what city they're in (in my case 4.1 and 50.1).

0 Kudos