Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
osl7
Streaming Star

Re: Problem With Live TV Over the Air - Channel 10.1 redirecting to 10.3

i'm really not having problems with pbs and only the one NBC channel the one I get  from Scranton works. It's just the philly one

3d1l

TV skips OTA channel that is listed to a channel that is not listed.

Hello,

I have a Roku S303 Smart TV. A couple of days ago it was working fine, then surfing the channels I noticed that a large number of "streaming" channels were added. It is hard to navigate all the channels because the remote don't have a number keypad but anyways that's not the problem. The problem is that then I noticed that some of the listed OTA channels were not working so I decided to ran a OTA channel scanning. After finishing the scanning the channels were not even listed anymore. I though it was the antenna so I bought a new better one, ran the OTA channel scanning and they get listed back but with a weird behavior. For example I have OTA channels 4.1 and 4.2, if I select 4.1 it jumps to 4.3 but here is the weird thing and that is that 4.3 is not present in the channel list. If I select 4.2 it works without problems. I checked if 4.3 was set to be hidden in the channel list but it is not listed period. So I ran the channel scan again, same behavior.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
edged1g
Binge Watcher

Re: Live TV not working

@RokuDanny-R 

I posted the requested information over a week ago along with a VIDEO showing the issue? How about an update? Or an acknowledgement of the issue? Something! 

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@edged1g wrote:

I posted the requested information over a week ago along with a VIDEO showing the issue? How about an update? Or an acknowledgement of the issue? Something! 

I think two things that would help the customer experience would be 1) release notes (explaining what a software update is expected to do), and 2) an official bug tracker (where you could find a bug you're experiencing, and click "affects me too" to add priority, hopefully. And, be notified of status changes, etc.). 

The way it is now, it's like a pitchforking mob outside the gates (not knowing if something is a bug, or intentional feature changes). Danny takes our grievances to the man behind the curtain. We never know what the outcome is (if it's deemed low priority). 

IMO, this lack of organizing customer impact into a coherent view (and clear, one-source visibility back to customers who are impacted) is a great source of customer dissatisfaction. A tracker would also be good for Roku because it could collect all the necessary info (tv model #, etc). Often people just post "my tv has no sound..." Roku could guide people through supplying meaningful info.

Maybe that could lead to allowing customers to "beta test" updates. Change the update screen to allow rollback to a previous working software version, and ask the user if they would like to report a bug. Open the initial bug report for them (with system info pre-filled), and supply the tracking # for them to use their browser to fill in the details about the problem. That bug could then be merged with an existing bug (the user notified of that status change). 

That would be something of a user-based "beta test." The impact to the customer would be reduced. There would be meaningful data collected, and visibility of issues to all customers. 

The status quo (of impacting people, with undocumented changes, and no feedback about what to expect in terms of resolution) is unbelievable. If this were open-source software, volunteer-developed (Linux), I could understand. But, this is stuff people buy at the store and expect to be professionally developed, administered, customers treated with dignity, etc. People could be sitting around thinking "hopefully it will be fixed" when there's no intention to do so. It's like a blatant lack of empathy for the customer; lack of basic consideration for their experience. It's like the world revolves around Roku. We're all supposed to be grateful for whatever we get.

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
mikeism
Streaming Star

Totally agree with comments and suggestions from Visitor45763. 

The recent Roku update is a train wreck for Live TV.

osl7
Streaming Star

and the  Roku employee  simply ignored me, when i tried to message him about the issue I know he was there because he was posting other things. 

0 Kudos
JenniferAnne
Reel Rookie

So I still have no live tv on my moms sharp roku, I’ve factory reset, I’ve updated every day, and nothing.

today all of a sudden the roku remote stopped working completely, changed the batteries, tried a hard reboot of the roku system in general and even tried to reboot the remote itself.

now my elderly mom with dementia has no tv at all to watch, and I had just finally got her calmed down enough about no live tv.

I have spent hours a day on this stupid tv.

and same, employments asked for my specifics and I have them, yet never heard back

edged1g
Binge Watcher

Re: TV skips OTA channel that is listed to a channel that is not listed.

Everyone having this issue please email customersupport@roku.com and report it and direct them to this thread. If we make enough noise maybe they will push a fix. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-location and zipcode

With more information we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edged1g
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R  TONS of people have posted the requested information and you just keep asking for it. Well here it is again for you to ignore. 

Roku TV brand and model- TCL65S4
-serial number- YN0073497339
--device ID- J79887497339
-software OS/version- 9.4.0 Build 4200
-
--steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
1. Turn on TV
2. Open live tv app
3. Press left arrow to bring up EPG
4. Use up/down arrows to scroll menu to channel 10.1
5. Press ok
6. See channel 10.3 is displayed on tv