Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samiam75
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

All my Roku devices are now working correctly with the Alexa skill.  Whatever was wrong, they finally fixed it.

Guess the "B"-Team was in for the holiday weekend...

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

I got it to work for my roku tv.  But I can't get it to  work on my streaming sticks hooked up to tvs.  Any advice?

unovana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How old are the sticks? I gave my ex-wife a stick 10 years ago that no longer supports the latest version of Hulu. Neither does the smart LG TV I gave her.

0 Kudos
unovana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good job I did something similar last night on 50' TCL in my bedroom... Isn't frustrating when you're trying to solve the problem and your family calls😂

0 Kudos
zv523
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just tried this and it worked for me also.  Thanks!

0 Kudos

Re: Alexa not changing live channels on Roku

Jump to solution

Same here for the last couple weeks with TCL TV

0 Kudos
Reikitogo
Reel Rookie

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Problem not resolved. Still unable to change channel through Alexa. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Reikitogo

Thanks for the update. 

Could you check if your Roku device is running OS 10? To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now. If yes, does the issue happen on any of the channels you try to launch on your Roku device? If it's just one channel, please reply here with the channel name then let us know if Roku was able to switch to that channel before through Alexa.

You can also try re-linking your Roku account to your Amazon account using the following steps:

1. Open the Alexa mobile app.
  2. Tap or select the Menu icon in the top corner.
  3. Tap Skills & Games.
  4. Enter Roku in the search bar, and select the skill from the list.
  5. Tap the Enable button.
  6. When prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  7. Select the Roku devices you wish to use with Alexa or choose Select all to link all your Roku devices.
  8. Select Continue, and follow the prompts to return to the Alexa app.
  9. The Alexa app will look for your Roku device on the Device Discovery screen. Be sure to turn on your Roku devices if the Alexa app does not find it.
  10. Select the Roku device you would like to use with Alexa, and select CONTINUE.
    • Notes:
      • If you are not able to select a Roku device you may need to tap Manage devices in the Roku skill home screen in the Alexa app to complete this step.
      • You can change the name that appears for your Roku device by updating the location in your Roku account.

11. Choose the Alexa devices you wish to use with the selected Roku device.
  12. Select LINK DEVICES.

For more information, check out this Support link: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Reikitogo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Didn't work. Will not change channels.  Only on or off works.  

0 Kudos
ham2148

Jump to solution

I wish I never bought a Roku TV, the worse of the worse.  I have been taken. I bought it at Best Buy, doesn't work at all.

0 Kudos