Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thb
Channel Surfer

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

Hey Mary, most of us were using this post: https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/TCL-Roku-suddenly-stopped-responding-to-Amazon-Echo-AND-Go... to talk about the issue happening, so you might want to copy this there so those of us who were on that post this week will see. This one seems to not be touched since last year. 

But I was able to reconnect my TCL 55" and make it respond right now, so I can confirm that (for now) it's working at least for me. 

0 Kudos
HorizonShadow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Looks like it’s been fixed! 🙂

0 Kudos
mpoffo
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

As others have reported they fixed the issue somehow overnight.  I did receive an email from Amazon this morning saying that a device I own is available to connect to Alexa.  It would be interesting to know where the problem was.  I did call Amazon and reported the issue on their end.  The tech said they would notify the team that handles that plug-in.  I suppose a 7 page thread on the Roku forums didn't hurt either.  🙂

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It's fixed... Good service from Roku support.

ChristopherNYC
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your post Mary as a Roku employee. I'm curious. How did this happen with such a huge company with electronic devices worldwide, especially on a holiday weekend? Was this limited to a certain geographical area within only the United States or other countries too? Just wondering if it was the responsibily of Roku and/or Amazon Echo devices? Only interested since I worked with some Electrical Engineers.

Reikitogo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku TV turns on and off via Alexa, but will not change channels.  Hope this gets fixed too.  

Draven92
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Alexa is working with roku again. Nice work !

Sorriso

Jump to solution

Although I was able to re-link my  Roku TCL TV and Alexa this morning, Alexa will NOT turn on TV.  When I issue the "Turn on TV command," Alexa responds "Okay," but nothing happens.

This always worked before the weekend Roku/Alexa outtage!  Please advise.  

R3dkat

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

Adding this just in case others have experienced a problem with this. My issue was for some reason Alexa started saying "[TV] is not responding, please check its network connection...." I checked all the settings, Fast Start was enabled, Alexa and my TCL 55"Roku TV are both on the same wifi connection. I disabled and enabled the Skill in Alexa. Finally, I deleted the device in the Alexa app, which unlinked the Roku account.  When I tried adding a new device, when I got to the step to link my Roku account with Alexa, I consistently got the message, "We are experiencing a problem connecting to the skill....error" I tried restarting my phone, clearing the cache on the Alexa app, nothing worked.

***[FIX]***Finally what I did that seem to fix it was instead of using my phone, I launched the Alexa app from my computer https://alexa.amazon.com clicked on the "Skills" section, searched for Roku and walked through the process. It connected and reenabled the skill with no issues. Just needed to rename the device to my preferred name of just "TV" and it all worked fine. This appears to be an issue with the mobile app for Alexa not the Roku TV.

0 Kudos
samiam75
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

All my Roku devices are now working correctly with the Alexa skill.  Whatever was wrong, they finally fixed it.

Guess the "B"-Team was in for the holiday weekend...

0 Kudos