Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClearStar
Reel Rookie

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

All of my Roku Tvs went down at the same time yesterday May 30th 2021. I have 8 of them in my  house which all turn off or on using my GPS location or key phrases when leaving the house, mood settings, or goodnight setup. Nothing Ive done on any tvs has changed this or been able to get past the "device is unresponsive" message. This also goes for my business location that has the TVs linked as well in a different town with different wifi setup. 

TCL - Roku TV 65" (1)

TCL - Roku TV 55" (7)

0 Kudos
molleerosu

Jump to solution

Same here and I contacted both Amazon Alexa and Roku yesterday and they both tried to act like it was the TV and I kept trying to tell them it was an issue within their server on either end hopefully they get this fixed soon because that's really what I use my Alexa for

ClearStar
Reel Rookie

Device is unresponsive - Alexa App Stopped Working May 2021

Jump to solution

If  your app was working but is not currently working I have found that none of the previous solutions are working. 

Resetting TV

Unplugging

Reseting Modem / Router

Checking all WiFi Settings

Turning on Fast Start

Change App Control 

ETC ETC

***** I will have to assume that this is an Alexa App issue but its difficult to say. Could also be a Roku All issue****  Anyone have info is the ROKU Skill was updated recently?

Alexa App Version May 17th 2.2.416595.0

Currently looking into the versions or any updates to the app or skill to see if there was a change. My home has countless Alexa enabled automation devices throughout and all of the TVs in the house stopped working at the same time. 

Figuring out what type of Tvs are having this issue could eliminate more if its Alexa or Roku 

All of my TVs are TCL multiple sizes and versions. PLEASE LIST YOUR TV BRAND

Original Situation Below / Update Try to resolve above. 

All of my Roku Tvs went down at the same time yesterday May 30th 2021. I have 8 of them in my  house which all turn off or on using my GPS location or key phrases when leaving the house, mood settings, or goodnight setup. Nothing Ive done on any tvs has changed this or been able to get past the "device is unresponsive" message. This also goes for my business location that has the TVs linked as well in a different town with different wifi setup. 

0 Kudos
TatySW13

Re: TCL Roku suddenly stopped responding to Amazon Echo AND Google Home commands

Jump to solution

I’ve been having the same issue for the past two days with my Roku Express attachment. Alexa just says “Sorry, living room Roku isn’t responding.” My settings say the system was last updated May 12 so I’m thinking it could be an issue with the new update. 

0 Kudos
tvfan126
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue here, started yesterday and Amazon refuses to accept that it is a problem on their end.

0 Kudos
unovana
Channel Surfer

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

Exactly the same problem and the Echo works with all other non Roku linked devices. The skill even detects my rokus but just stopped linking and won't relink.

0 Kudos
Ed_tech
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I contacted ROKU and they opened a issue ticket. Hopefully they will research the issue. I do not expect anything until after the Memorial weekend is over.

unovana
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes

0 Kudos
danymed7

Jump to solution

same with my TCL series S Roku, the problem starts some hour yesterday, i tried even factory reset and nothing, the skill don´t work

0 Kudos
danymed7

Jump to solution

i tried all the solutions, even factory reset and still give me the error with the skill

0 Kudos