Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L2rreed
Reel Rookie

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

I did do a factory reset and still no luck. I would not go through the hassle of a factory reset. Hopefully Alexa and Roku get this figured out.  I will post again if/when it starts working. 

@Ixnessel wrote:

I just started having this issue this morning as well and I’m super glad this is not just me. I’m also glad I read through the comments since I was about to factory reset. I have been through every which way of trying to fix it but some bug in the system must be crashing either alexas skill with Roku or Roku itself. I have the TCL and I can use my remote but I lose the **bleep** thing more often than not and am reliant on Alexa 😭 my fast tv is enable. I changed to permissive, I’ve done everything but factory reset and someone said it didn’t work and if I don’t have to im not gonna. Guess it’s just a waiting game with Alexa and or Roku 

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Re: Problem With Alexa + Roku TV

Jump to solution

We also need to let Alexa know about the issue to see if the fault is due to the skill's software.

0 Kudos
Nytsirt

Re: Cannot re-enable Roku skill in Alexa

Jump to solution

having the exact same issue started this morning disabled it and tried every possible thing to fix it so it must be a server issue 

0 Kudos
dave999z
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue.  Alexa stopped controlling my Roku today.  Deleted the skill but can’t re-enable it.  It goes through the account linking process, but when the Roku browser screen sends me back to the Alexa app, it says “Unable to link Roku with Alexa.  We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account.  You can try your account again by visiting the Roku skill page.”

Sounds like Alexa’s server is trying to ping Roku’s server, and one of the two servers is having a problem.

Roku, please get it fixed!

seantechnow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here my I cannot control my rokus from any of my 8 Echos devices scattered around my house. Previously it was working flawlessly.  I am a IT Professional for 21 years and this issue has frustrated me all day.

0 Kudos
steve14
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Just curious...when it's running properly, does Alexa's roku skill also work with streaming sticks and roku express?   I know it is supposed to work with roku tv and it used to till this connection issue started earlier today.

0 Kudos
seantechnow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have no Roku televisions. I have a Roku 3 and a roku express. The Amazon skill has been working smoothly since December  2019 and today May 30th, 2021 it stopped functioning.

JonNort
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here.. Alexa says devices are unresponsive.. 

Jump to solution

Same as everyone else.  My Alexa stopped working today.  I tired connecting a different Roku device and it has the same troubles.  This is something either or Roku's end or with Amazon.  Bummer!

seantechnow
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wish Roku would be transparent and tell u what's going on with the Roku skill.

0 Kudos