cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Problem Setting Up Roku Soundbar with Roku TV, Speakers and Subwoofer

Jump to solution

I have a Roku (TCL) TV. I have wireless speakers and subwoofer connected to the TV. I have purchased from Roku their sound bar with the intention of adding it to the system. I have tried without success to  connect all the speakers together. I have successful setup the soundbar, but the speakers and subwoofer will not pair to the soundbar. My TV is updated. I have tried turning on turning off, resetting and a few other things, but nothing seems to allow pairing. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance. 

Thomas 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Problem Setting Up Roku Soundbar with Roku TV, Speakers and Subwoofer

Jump to solution

@Rebel1972  Thanks for reaching out. Setting up a Roku surround system requires a different process than when setting up only Roku TV Wireless Speakers and/or the Wireless Subwoofer with your TV.

In essence, you'll need to remove the speakers and subwoofer from being paired to your Roku TV first in Settings>Remotes and devices. You'll then set up the Roku Smart Soundbar with your Roku TV, and then pair your Wireless Speakers and Subwoofer to your Roku Smart Soundbar. 

We have setup instructions for this process outlined for you here: https://support.roku.com/article/360043306413-how-do-i-set-up-a-roku-surround-sound-system-

Please let us know if you have any additional questions from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tanner Thank you for your help.

I did everything you suggested, but it still did not work. I was told by Roku tech help to holding down the reset button on the speakers for 20 seconds. The reset did the trick and everything is working. 

Again thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Rebel1972  Thanks for reaching out. Setting up a Roku surround system requires a different process than when setting up only Roku TV Wireless Speakers and/or the Wireless Subwoofer with your TV.

In essence, you'll need to remove the speakers and subwoofer from being paired to your Roku TV first in Settings>Remotes and devices. You'll then set up the Roku Smart Soundbar with your Roku TV, and then pair your Wireless Speakers and Subwoofer to your Roku Smart Soundbar. 

We have setup instructions for this process outlined for you here: https://support.roku.com/article/360043306413-how-do-i-set-up-a-roku-surround-sound-system-

Please let us know if you have any additional questions from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tanner Thank you for your help.

I did everything you suggested, but it still did not work. I was told by Roku tech help to holding down the reset button on the speakers for 20 seconds. The reset did the trick and everything is working. 

Again thank you for your help.

0 Kudos